Possible Nube Question – Web / setup Configuration location

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server General Discussion Possible Nube Question – Web / setup Configuration location

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    wmkrahling

Brand New to Firefly

I have setup mt-daap and works fine BUT

Is there a webpage to configure the app. I am not talking about the wiki to explain the configuration, but something I log into and make playlists, change configuration, add or change shared directories? Similar to FreeNAS or most home routers. Mt-daap says it is web-based configuration

Am I just missing it?

If not – Huge suggestion that I will move to the request list.

sonichouse
    Participant

the web config runs on port 3689 e.g. http://slug:3689

the default password is mt-daapd

rpedde
    Participant

@wmkrahling wrote:

Brand New to Firefly

I have setup mt-daap and works fine BUT

Is there a webpage to configure the app. I am not talking about the wiki to explain the configuration, but something I log into and make playlists, change configuration, add or change shared directories? Similar to FreeNAS or most home routers. Mt-daap says it is web-based configuration

Am I just missing it?

If not – Huge suggestion that I will move to the request list.

Like wmkrahling said, and the password is the “admin_pw” in config. If you are running on win or mac, there is a button in the tray/prefs app that will push you into the web config.

wmkrahling

My media is on a Linux (Ubuntu) box. OK I got in and it looks good, but the webconfig is “read Only”

Any Ubuntu users have any suggestions. I do not understand why it has to be in root. Unless the box is used by multiple users.

Even so. Webpage config. Great idea if it was not read only.

polak

You need to change the permissions of the mt-daapd.conf file amd then you can edit it via the webconfig: –

sudo chmod a+rwx /etc/mt-dpaad.conf (for example)

One effect however appears to be that an edit via webconfig strips out all those useful hashed out comment lines automatically so do make a copy first.

I’m running on a Ubuntu box too!

rpedde
    Participant

@polak wrote:

One effect however appears to be that an edit via webconfig strips out all those useful hashed out comment lines automatically so do make a copy first.

Nightlies preserves the comments, as a FYI.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.