plugins version check

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    fizze
    Participant

Hi Ron,
    I used a power outage to upgrade my slug and thus, firefly.
    I realized that I tinkered quite a bit with my slug’s config (partly re-slung to a HD) anywho, I realized that N1586 tried to load its plugins from a now-outdated directory. probably always has *shrug*.

Anyway, I had /share/flash/conf/opt/blah-di-blah as plugin dir in my mt-daapd.conf, and it should have been /opt/lib/foo instead.

I only realized it because those plugins complained to load libFLAC.so.7 because i had upgraded to v8.

So here’s the Q: Does it make sense to introduce some sort of version checking to the plugins, or is this _feature_ actually handy in some situations? Or am I just being outright insane? 😉

Oh and btw firefly runs fine without any plugins, too. There isn’t any use to this, but it doesnt scan any playlists and whatnot. I like the display of version of plugins on the website though. So I guess at least some code is in there.

rpedde
    Participant

@fizze wrote:

Hi Ron,
    I used a power outage to upgrade my slug and thus, firefly.
    I realized that I tinkered quite a bit with my slug’s config (partly re-slung to a HD) anywho, I realized that N1586 tried to load its plugins from a now-outdated directory. probably always has *shrug*.

Anyway, I had /share/flash/conf/opt/blah-di-blah as plugin dir in my mt-daapd.conf, and it should have been /opt/lib/foo instead.

I only realized it because those plugins complained to load libFLAC.so.7 because i had upgraded to v8.

So here’s the Q: Does it make sense to introduce some sort of version checking to the plugins, or is this _feature_ actually handy in some situations? Or am I just being outright insane? 😉

Oh and btw firefly runs fine without any plugins, too. There isn’t any use to this, but it doesnt scan any playlists and whatnot. I like the display of version of plugins on the website though. So I guess at least some code is in there.

Yeah. there are fields for plugin version, but I don’t require them right now because I’d have to keep incrementing the version number every time I changed the plugin interface (which is frequent).

Dunno… I guess I could, doesn’t matter what the internal version is, but I just hadn’t implemented it fully I guess.

Perhaps I should, as that has bit me in the butt a couple times, too.

— Ron

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.