Playlists on Synology NAS?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks to cstern for his perfect instructions. I managed to install and run Firefly on Synology DS106j and even to play FLAC-Files on my Soundbridge M1001! Everything runs very fast and stable.

But what to do with playlists? Which formats are supported and where do I have to store them so that they are available on Soundbridge?

Which formats are supported? WPL? M3U? Others?

Many thanks

rpedde
    Participant

@huckele wrote:

Thanks to cstern for his perfect instructions. I managed to install and run Firefly on Synology DS106j and even to play FLAC-Files on my Soundbridge M1001! Everything runs very fast and stable.

But what to do with playlists? Which formats are supported and where do I have to store them so that they are available on Soundbridge?

Which formats are supported? WPL? M3U? Others?

Many thanks

m3u, and they have the be under the mp3_dir. Additionally, you’ll want to check your web config and make sure playlists and m3u playlists are both turned on.

— Ron

Anonymous
    Inactive

Many thanks, Ron

Works perfectly. I have stored the m3u-playlists in a folder in the same directory as the Music is. Plus have I activated M3U-playlists in the advanced configuration.

Maybe it is important here to say, that paths in the playlist have to be correct like following:

/volume1/music/Artist Folder/Album Folder/song.flac
    => slashes and not backslashes as in Windows!

Hardcore users of Linux may excuse these basics, but maybe i can help someone with that.

I just found out, that Media Monkey is the perfect Software to manage my music. Playlists can be copied in the directory on my NAS and do not have to be amended. Fantastic!

huckele

My config:
    Soundbridge M1001
    Synology DS106j
    mt-daapd, SVN 1586 installed with cstern’s manual

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.