Playlist not scanning

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    DBAdams

• Firefly Version: 1.0 svn 1359
    • Server Operating System: Windows XP
    • Server Hardware: Dell 8400 with 1Gbyte ram
    • Client Device: (e.g. Roku Soundbridge M900
    • iTunes 7.3.1.3 installed but not in use
    • WinAmp 5.35
    • SMC Barricade router 100 MBit router, wireless access point
    • CA Network Magic recognizes the Soundbridge as authorized member of the network and Soundbrige sees the network
    • Soundbridge “talks” with the router & plays internet radio.

Initially, Firefly refused to start. I discovered that Bonjour Service wasn’t running & fixed that. Now Firefly starts up in configuration mode (in the taskbar) but not started. When I click on “Start Server” I get the pop-up about “firefly Media Server scanning may take some time”. In a few seconds, this disappears and . . . nothing. Sometimes the “Stop Server” button changes to “Start Server” & sometimes not.

rpedde
    Participant

@DBAdams wrote:

• Firefly Version: 1.0 svn 1359
    • Server Operating System: Windows XP
    • Server Hardware: Dell 8400 with 1Gbyte ram
    • Client Device: (e.g. Roku Soundbridge M900
    • iTunes 7.3.1.3 installed but not in use
    • WinAmp 5.35
    • SMC Barricade router 100 MBit router, wireless access point
    • CA Network Magic recognizes the Soundbridge as authorized member of the network and Soundbrige sees the network
    • Soundbridge “talks” with the router & plays internet radio.

Initially, Firefly refused to start. I discovered that Bonjour Service wasn’t running & fixed that. Now Firefly starts up in configuration mode (in the taskbar) but not started. When I click on “Start Server” I get the pop-up about “firefly Media Server scanning may take some time”. In a few seconds, this disappears and . . . nothing. Sometimes the “Stop Server” button changes to “Start Server” & sometimes not.

Try downloading the 1589 version from http://nightlies.mt-daapd.org Don’t download one later than that, it’s still kinda flakey from all the changes lately. 1589 is stable, and likely fixes the issues you are seeing.

— Ron

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.