You are here: Home » Topic » Playlist Bad Syntax Problem

Playlist Bad Syntax Problem

This topic contains 7 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  rpedde 10 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #778

    Goono

    Posted this on Nightlies but that is misposted.

    Firefly worked great for a month. Now Soundbridge can’t find it half the time and it is always “starting” and never started. Problem might have come from upgrade of Itunes. Reinstall of firefly had no effect.

    Here is log. Seems to be problem with playlists. I can delete them if necessary.

    Please help. I love my Soundbridge.

    2006-11-12 17:05:46 (a000eca8): Starting with debuglevel 0
    2006-11-12 17:05:46 (a000eca8): Starting rendezvous daemon
    2006-11-12 17:05:46 (a000eca8): Starting signal handler
    2006-11-12 17:05:46 (a000eca8): Error: enum_begin failed (error 1): Misc SQL Error: no such table: config
    2006-11-12 17:05:46 (a000eca8): Can’t get db version. New database?
    2006-11-12 17:05:46 (a000eca8): Initializing database
    2006-11-12 17:05:46 (a000eca8): Error: enum_begin failed (error 1): ?
    2006-11-12 17:05:46 (a000eca8): Error: enum_begin failed (error 1): ?
    2006-11-12 17:05:46 (a000eca8): Full reload…
    2006-11-12 17:05:46 (a000eca8): Starting mp3 scan
    2006-11-12 17:06:55 (a000eca8): Scanning /Users/johnsylvain/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music Library.xml
    2006-11-12 17:07:05 (a000eca8): Error parsing playlist: Offset 1: Expecting field name
    2006-11-12 17:07:05 (a000eca8): Playlist 4212560 bad syntax2006-11-12 17:07:05 (a000eca8): Error parsing playlist: Offset 1: Expecting field name
    2006-11-12 17:07:05 (a000eca8): Playlist 4213536 bad syntax2006-11-12 17:07:05 (a000eca8): Starting web server from /Library/PreferencePanes/Firefly.prefPane/Contents/Resources/Firefly Helper.app/Contents/Resources/Server/admin-root on port 0
    2006-11-12 17:07:05 (a000eca8): Registering rendezvous names
    2006-11-12 17:07:07 (a000eca8): Serving 3906 songs. Startup complete in 81 seconds
    2006-11-12 17:07:07 (a000eca8): Rescanning database
    2006-11-12 17:07:13 (a000eca8): Scanning /Users/johnsylvain/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music Library.xml
    2006-11-12 17:08:17 (a000eca8): Error parsing playlist: Offset 1: Expecting field name
    2006-11-12 17:08:17 (a000eca8): Playlist 4345424 bad syntax2006-11-12 17:08:17 (a000eca8): Error parsing playlist: Offset 1: Expecting field name
    2006-11-12 17:08:17 (a000eca8): Playlist 4345472 bad syntax2006-11-12 17:13:19 (a000eca8): Rescanning database
    2006-11-12 17:18:24 (a000eca8): Scanning /Users/johnsylvain/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music Library.xml
    2006-11-12 17:18:50 (0180d600): Could not start enum: Invalid playlist id: 36
    2006-11-12 17:19:21 (a000eca8): Error parsing playlist: Offset 1: Expecting field name
    2006-11-12 17:19:21 (a000eca8): Playlist 4251072 bad syntax2006-11-12 17:19:21 (a000eca8): Error parsing playlist: Offset 1: Expecting field name
    2006-11-12 17:19:21 (a000eca8): Playlist 4320064 bad syntax

    #7283

    rpedde
    Participant

    @Goono wrote:

    Posted this on Nightlies but that is misposted.

    Firefly worked great for a month. Now Soundbridge can’t find it half the time and it is always “starting” and never started. Problem might have come from upgrade of Itunes. Reinstall of firefly had no effect.

    Here is log. Seems to be problem with playlists. I can delete them if necessary.

    Please help. I love my Soundbridge.

    2006-11-12 17:05:46 (a000eca8): Starting with debuglevel 0
    2006-11-12 17:05:46 (a000eca8): Starting rendezvous daemon
    2006-11-12 17:05:46 (a000eca8): Starting signal handler
    2006-11-12 17:05:46 (a000eca8): Error: enum_begin failed (error 1): Misc SQL Error: no such table: config
    2006-11-12 17:05:46 (a000eca8): Can’t get db version. New database?
    2006-11-12 17:05:46 (a000eca8): Initializing database
    2006-11-12 17:05:46 (a000eca8): Error: enum_begin failed (error 1): ?
    2006-11-12 17:05:46 (a000eca8): Error: enum_begin failed (error 1): ?
    2006-11-12 17:05:46 (a000eca8): Full reload…
    2006-11-12 17:05:46 (a000eca8): Starting mp3 scan
    2006-11-12 17:06:55 (a000eca8): Scanning /Users/johnsylvain/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music Library.xml
    2006-11-12 17:07:05 (a000eca8): Error parsing playlist: Offset 1: Expecting field name
    2006-11-12 17:07:05 (a000eca8): Playlist 4212560 bad syntax2006-11-12 17:07:05 (a000eca8): Error parsing playlist: Offset 1: Expecting field name
    2006-11-12 17:07:05 (a000eca8): Playlist 4213536 bad syntax2006-11-12 17:07:05 (a000eca8): Starting web server from /Library/PreferencePanes/Firefly.prefPane/Contents/Resources/Firefly Helper.app/Contents/Resources/Server/admin-root on port 0
    2006-11-12 17:07:05 (a000eca8): Registering rendezvous names
    2006-11-12 17:07:07 (a000eca8): Serving 3906 songs. Startup complete in 81 seconds
    2006-11-12 17:07:07 (a000eca8): Rescanning database
    2006-11-12 17:07:13 (a000eca8): Scanning /Users/johnsylvain/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music Library.xml
    2006-11-12 17:08:17 (a000eca8): Error parsing playlist: Offset 1: Expecting field name
    2006-11-12 17:08:17 (a000eca8): Playlist 4345424 bad syntax2006-11-12 17:08:17 (a000eca8): Error parsing playlist: Offset 1: Expecting field name
    2006-11-12 17:08:17 (a000eca8): Playlist 4345472 bad syntax2006-11-12 17:13:19 (a000eca8): Rescanning database
    2006-11-12 17:18:24 (a000eca8): Scanning /Users/johnsylvain/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music Library.xml
    2006-11-12 17:18:50 (0180d600): Could not start enum: Invalid playlist id: 36
    2006-11-12 17:19:21 (a000eca8): Error parsing playlist: Offset 1: Expecting field name
    2006-11-12 17:19:21 (a000eca8): Playlist 4251072 bad syntax2006-11-12 17:19:21 (a000eca8): Error parsing playlist: Offset 1: Expecting field name
    2006-11-12 17:19:21 (a000eca8): Playlist 4320064 bad syntax

    That’s a bad playlist. If you aren’t running the release version, then upgrdae to that. This is osx, right? Delete songs.db from ~/Library/Application Support/Firefly and it should start up.

    — Ron

    #7284

    Goono

    I am at work now but I will try when I get home.

    Yes it is OS X.

    Release version of which? Firefly or Itunes or….

    Thanks again!

    #7285

    rpedde
    Participant

    @Goono wrote:

    I am at work now but I will try when I get home.

    Yes it is OS X.

    Release version of which? Firefly or Itunes or….

    Thanks again!

    Err… firefly.

    #7286

    zd0tYqCR

    I had been enjoying my Soundbridge for months until I made the big mistake of allowing iTunes to upgrade to #7.

    I am trying to follow the suggestion to install Firefly on my PC. However, when I try to start it, it won’t start and it gives me a 1053 Error.

    Any suggestions?

    #7287

    rpedde
    Participant

    @zd0tYqCR wrote:

    I had been enjoying my Soundbridge for months until I made the big mistake of allowing iTunes to upgrade to #7.

    I am trying to follow the suggestion to install Firefly on my PC. However, when I try to start it, it won’t start and it gives me a 1053 Error.

    Any suggestions?

    There is a log file in c:program filesfirefly media serverfirefly.log

    There is probably something wrong with the config file that is making it not start. The log file will tell you what.

    — Ron

    #7288

    zd0tYqCR

    Here is the log report

    Log file: firefly.log

    2006-11-20 10:57:19 (d51c96b0): Starting with debuglevel 0
    2006-11-20 10:57:20 (d51c96b0): Starting rendezvous daemon
    2006-11-20 10:57:20 (d51c96b0): Initializing database
    2006-11-20 10:57:20 (d51c96b0): Full reload…
    2006-11-20 10:57:22 (d51c96b0): Starting mp3 scan
    2006-11-20 10:57:24 (d51c96b0): Could not realpath C:Documents and SettingsMy DocumentsMy MusicCD02Matth??us-Passion BWV 244Philippe Herreweghe; Collegium Vocale Gent/23 – Aria(Alt) _ Koennen Traenen meiner Wangen – Philippe Herreweghe; Collegium Vocale Gent – CD02Matth??us-Passion BWV 244.mp3
    2006-11-20 10:57:24: Aborting

    I deleted a couple of empty folders, but I still can not get Firefly to start.

    #7289

    rpedde
    Participant

    @zd0tYqCR wrote:

    Here is the log report

    Log file: firefly.log

    2006-11-20 10:57:19 (d51c96b0): Starting with debuglevel 0
    2006-11-20 10:57:20 (d51c96b0): Starting rendezvous daemon
    2006-11-20 10:57:20 (d51c96b0): Initializing database
    2006-11-20 10:57:20 (d51c96b0): Full reload…
    2006-11-20 10:57:22 (d51c96b0): Starting mp3 scan
    2006-11-20 10:57:24 (d51c96b0): Could not realpath C:Documents and SettingsMy DocumentsMy MusicCD02Matth??us-Passion BWV 244Philippe Herreweghe; Collegium Vocale Gent/23 – Aria(Alt) _ Koennen Traenen meiner Wangen – Philippe Herreweghe; Collegium Vocale Gent – CD02Matth??us-Passion BWV 244.mp3
    2006-11-20 10:57:24: Aborting

    I deleted a couple of empty folders, but I still can not get Firefly to start.

    Microsoft documentation says the maximum file length is 256 characters, althought that’s clearly not it. Newer nightlies have expanded that to 512. Surely the path length there isn’t greater than 512 bytes, is it?

    I think that’s what you are hitting.

    You can try latest nightlies at http://nightlies.mt-daapd.org. That fixes some unicode file things, as well as the path length issue.

    — Ron

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.