play_count update point

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

It looks to me like play_count is updated when a song is first started being streamed. However I think it would work better if play_count is updated when the song finishes playing, so songs that you skip over are not counted. If you keep skipping over them then you end up with them in your popular playlist.

Example (and perhaps I am doing this wrong):

I want to play a playlist on my SB in random order. I don’t get chance to turn on the random (shuffle) feature until the playlist is selected and the first track starts to be buffered. If I skip over that track each time it will still end up on my popular playlist.

Andy

rpedde
    Participant

I might look at the code again, but I believe that play_count is only updated if the full file is streamed to the client. I’ll check again, though.

— Ron

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think I got it mixed up, and actually meant the last played time. I have a playlist of “recently played”.

I guess it’s a matter of preference if a song should only be marked as recently played if it was played all the way through. I would prefer to only see those songs that I like in that playlist. Perhaps a conf file option? :laugh:

Andy

rpedde
    Participant

Actually they both get updated at the same time, and you are right. I *thought* I was only updating them when the whole stream was sent, but I wasn’t.

I sure meant to do it that way, though. I could use the audioscrobbler rules, and make it when 50% of the song was played, but I like this way, so I’ll keep it that way. ๐Ÿ™‚

Anyway, I won’t get nightlies out tonight, but I will tomorrow, and it will be there.

— Ron

t0m
    Participant

@rpedde wrote:

I could use the audioscrobbler rules, and make it when 50% of the song was played, but I like this way, so I’ll keep it that way. ๐Ÿ™‚

Is Audioscrobbler / last.fm support still on the roadmap?
    Any idea when you are going to implement it?

/t0m

rpedde
    Participant

@t0m wrote:

@rpedde wrote:

I could use the audioscrobbler rules, and make it when 50% of the song was played, but I like this way, so I’ll keep it that way. ๐Ÿ™‚

Is Audioscrobbler / last.fm support still on the roadmap?
    Any idea when you are going to implement it?

I have an event plugin system that gets fed events whenever something interesting happens, like a track is played. I think that would be the ideal place to put a scrobbler updater.

But it won’t happen until post 1.0. I’m in bug-fix-only mode right now.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Feature Requests’ is closed to new topics and replies.