Plans for RSP or plug-ins ?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Rheinlaender

Hi,

I’ve read through a lot of the recent requests and couldn’t find the fetaures I am looking for, so forgive me if it is discussed anywhere else.

Are there any plans to provide the following features with Firefly (e.g. as plugins) and the new RSP ?:

Crossfade between two songs (optionally)

Client synchronisation (aka Partymode) Multiple players synced by the server

RSS Feeds (for News, Weather etc.)

Cover Art in Streams (so third party apps like VisualMR can show it)

ok ok a lot in this list is stolen by slimserver but if you come up with a new protocol it must be allowed to ask ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Regards

Rheinlaender

rpedde
    Participant

@Rheinlaender wrote:

Are there any plans to provide the following features with Firefly (e.g. as plugins) and the new RSP ?:

Crossfade between two songs (optionally)

Client synchronisation (aka Partymode) Multiple players synced by the server

RSS Feeds (for News, Weather etc.)

Cover Art in Streams (so third party apps like VisualMR can show it)

Not specifically, but that’s the goal of a new protocol — to be able to work the server and the player to be able to do things that can’t be done with itunes or wmc, or some other server app that’s under someone elses control.

Client sync is something I’ve thought about, and #4 will be covered without rsp soon — xml-rpc methods for retrieving cover art and stuff will be in place soonish.

Let’s get to 1.0 first, then start with the post-1.0 stuff, though. ๐Ÿ™‚

Still dont’ have transcoding working on rsp.

— Ron

tri
    Participant

I really like the idea of client synchronization. It would really be nice in some situations to get all soundbridges in the apartment to play in sync and share some kind of common “playlist control”. Maybe through soundbridge remote or web interface.

–Rinne

lemketron
    Participant

@tri wrote:

I really like the idea of client synchronization. It would really be nice in some situations to get all soundbridges in the apartment to play in sync and share some kind of common “playlist control”. Maybe through soundbridge remote or web interface.

Indeed, I second that! I currently have a Roku SoundBridge, an Airport Express, a number of iTunes machines, and a Linkstation running Firefly. I’m debating whether to buy more SoundBridges (if there’s some hope that client-sync will be supported through RSP and Firefly) or to get a multi-room audio controller/amp like the Nuvo Simplese, or to sell everything and get a Sonos system (expensive but it does solve the problem)…

rpedde
    Participant

@lemketron wrote:

sell everything and get a Sonos system (expensive but it does solve the problem)…

Yeah, the sonos stuff looks kinda neat. Still, synchronized audio is a problem I’d like to solve with soundbridges and firefly.

We’ll see how that goes.

— Ron

fizze
    Participant

Yeah, Ron, it _should_ be doable, from the technical point of view.

I cant wait to hear ppl whining that their wireless SB is 175msec behind their wired SB in the other room ๐Ÿ˜‰

rpedde
    Participant

@fizze wrote:

Yeah, Ron, it _should_ be doable, from the technical point of view.

I cant wait to hear ppl whining that their wireless SB is 175msec behind their wired SB in the other room ๐Ÿ˜‰

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Feature Requests’ is closed to new topics and replies.