Pinnacle Soundbridge, NSLU2 and 1696 woes!

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Pinnacle Soundbridge, NSLU2 and 1696 woes!

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    sonichouse
    Participant

@darnweight wrote:

Whilst waiting for my replacement NSLU2 to arrive (don’t ask), I managed to exchange my Belkin Modem/Router for a Netgear DG834G.

I am intrigued :wink:, what happened to your slug ?

fizze
    Participant

Obviously the best router/wireless router that I can recommend are the Linksys WRT54 series.

There are lots of firmware flavours and they can be tuned from an AP to a range extender and even AP+ wireless forwarder. Its very nice to have a WRT with 2 wireless interfaces πŸ˜‰

darnweight wrote:
    Whilst waiting for my replacement NSLU2 to arrive (don’t ask), I managed to exchange my Belkin Modem/Router for a Netgear DG834G.

I am intrigued Wink, what happened to your slug ?

As am I! I demand pictures, and the whole shebang πŸ˜€

Anonymous
    Inactive

Basically, the thing just binned itself! πŸ™

Was perfectly happily uNSLUng, Firefly Web Admin page accessible, just not broadcasting to my Soundbridge correctly…then it just froze. Unpingable, no Web Admin page, no hard drive access from my PC. Tried the hard ‘IP Reset’ to no avail, and finally, in desparation, the ‘Factory Reset’. No dice. Throughout all this, the thing booted up normally and was giving me all the green lights I could ever ask for. So it goes.

Hoping the place I bought it from will replace it without any quibbles, rather than play the ‘you invalidated the warranty by loading an unofficial firmware‘ card with me. I certainly didn’t mention that it was uNSLUng, and if they have as little joy accessing it as I did, then they’ll be none the wiser too. πŸ˜‰

fizze
    Participant

Hm, this seems like its not actually bricked.
    Did you tamper with DHCP settings, by any chance?

It does report to pings to 192.168.0.1 during booting, normally.
    Also there is redboot access at 192.168.0.1:7000 via telnet, where you can do emergency flashing, for instance.

I’ve gone trigger hapy with DHCP once and that left the slug in a weird state too, without an IP address. So i had to flash via redboot. worked like a charm, but the timing is really really really really hard.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Happy Ending time! πŸ˜€

Supplier replaced my NSLU2 without any quibbles.

Am now set up correctly and my NSLU2-FreeAgent/Netgear DG834G/Pinnacle Soundbridge combo is working perfectly.

Thanks to everyone for all the help and suggestions. I can now browse my music collection from the relative comfort of my sofa with one hand, whilst trying to feed my sleepless 5-week-old son with the other!

rpedde
    Participant

@darnweight wrote:

Happy Ending time! πŸ˜€

w00t! glad to hear it.

— Ron

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.