pidof: not found

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    purpleindigo
    Participant

I just installed the most recent nightly (I’ve only used the stable version before) and it told me to enter the following to start it:

/opt/etc/init.d/S60mt-daapd

I got the following error message:

Any ideas what the problem is? Do I need to install the stable version before installing the nightly?

I installed on a Maxtor MSS and will be using this (eventually) with a Roku Soundbridge M1000

rpedde
    Participant

@purpleindigo wrote:

I just installed the most recent nightly (I’ve only used the stable version before) and it told me to enter the following to start it:

I got the following error message:

Any ideas what the problem is? Do I need to install the stable version before installing the nightly?

I installed on a Maxtor MSS and will be using this (eventually) with a Roku Soundbridge M1000

The problem is in the startup script (/opt/etc/init.d/S60-mt-daapd).

It’s looking for a command named pidof, which is usually part of busybox. You might try ipkg installing busybox and see if that gives you a pidof command in /opt/bin. If so, then try the script again. If it still doesn’t work, try changing the line in the S60mt-daapd script from “pidof mt-daapd” to “/opt/bin/pidof mt-daapd” (or whatever).

Sounds like it’s just a startup script problem.

You can manually start the server with something like:

/opt/sbin/mt-daapd -c /opt/etc/mt-daapd/mt-daapd.conf

and it should start up.

— Ron

purpleindigo
    Participant

thanks, that worked, however it seems I still have the 2.4.2 version and not the nightly.

Any idea what should be in my ipkg.conf file in order to get nightlies?

It is currently set to http://ipkg.openmss.org/testing/ which keeps reinstalling 2.4.2 even though I am doing an “ipkg update” with the ipk file from the nightlies site!

cromei
    Participant

You actually need to load the ipkg file onto the slug and then run
    ipkg install
    Craig

purpleindigo
    Participant

It still looks at the stable version because that’s what’s on the openmss testing server.

How do I get ipkg to only look at the ipk file that i have downloaded onto the hard drive?

# ipkg install mt-daapd_svn-1400-1_armeb.ipk
    Clearing state_want and state_flag for pkg=mt-daapd (arch_priority=0 flag=16 wan
    t=2)
    Installing mt-daapd (0.2.4-1) to root…
    Downloading http://ipkg.openmss.org/testing/mt-daapd_0.2.4-1_mipsel.ipk
    Configuring mt-daapd

Moving /etc/mt-daapd.conf to /opt/etc/mt-daapd/mt-daapd.conf.etc.old
    mv: unable to remove `/etc/mt-daapd.conf’: Operation not permitted
    Moving /etc/mt-daapd.playlist to /opt/etc/mt-daapd/mt-daapd.playlist.etc.old
    mv: unable to remove `/etc/mt-daapd.playlist’: Operation not permitted
    cp: /opt/doc/mt-daapd/mt-daapd.conf: No such file or directory

Your existing configuration has been replaced with the
    configuration file /opt/etc/mt-daapd/mt-daapd.conf

You should review the configuration of this file, make
    any necessary changes, and complete the install by running

#
    #

rpedde
    Participant

@purpleindigo wrote:

# ipkg install mt-daapd_svn-1400-1_armeb.ipk
    Clearing state_want and state_flag for pkg=mt-daapd (arch_priority=0 flag=16 wan
    t=2)

Probably isn’t installing it because it’s an arm binary which won’t run on the MSS. MSS has a mips processor.

I have mips binaries set up in the build chain, but I haven’t set them to upload yet. I wanted to see if I could get it to work on my mss before I uploaded for everyone to try.

purpleindigo
    Participant

OK. Looks like I’ve been going round in circles a bit, but thanks for letting me know.

So the question is,

I have a Roku Soundbridge and a Maxtor MSS.

What music server can I use that will let me play iTunes playlists?

I couldn’t install Twonkyvision because the installation script kept jamming which probably stops that from being an option.

rpedde
    Participant

@purpleindigo wrote:

OK. Looks like I’ve been going round in circles a bit, but thanks for letting me know.

So the question is,

I have a Roku Soundbridge and a Maxtor MSS.

What music server can I use that will let me play iTunes playlists?

I couldn’t install Twonkyvision because the installation script kept jamming which probably stops that from being an option.

This and twonky are the only two I know.

If you are feeling like running around in circles *faster*, here’s something you can try. As I said, I’ve added an mss package into my build chain, but I haven’t tested it or anything.

You can download it here:

http://www.mt-daapd.org/mt-daapd_svn-1404-1_mipsel.ipk

That’s a mipsel binary compiled for mss. I’ve not tested it *at all*. I’d guess at a minimum, you’ll need to point your sources to a nslu2 mipsel tree (maybe the one at openmss will be enough, maybe you’ll have to point at the nslu2 wl-500 tree). Either way, there will be a fair number of dependancies. Even once you are past that, you will likely need to copy the contents of the “/opt/lib” directory from the broadcom build tools into you /opt/lib directory.

I got the build tools here:

http://www.belkin.com/support/gpl/hnd-tools-3.2.3.m.tgz. (use the libs from the mipsel-linux set, not the mipsel-ulibc set).

Like I said, this will probably require some hoop-jumping, but if you get it going, it will be a big help for others using the mss. I’d understand if you are sick of messing with it and just want to kick the thing over and buy a transistor radio, though. 🙂

— Ron

purpleindigo
    Participant

Judging by the fact that I don’t understand much of what you’ve written, I think I’ll just have to wait for someone smarter than me to write step by step instructions on what to do.

Unless anyone knows any way of installing Twonkyvision onto the MSS without using their special installation program, which I can’t get to work.

rpedde
    Participant

@purpleindigo wrote:

Judging by the fact that I don’t understand much of what you’ve written, I think I’ll just have to wait for someone smarter than me to write step by step instructions on what to do.

Unless anyone knows any way of installing Twonkyvision onto the MSS without using their special installation program, which I can’t get to work.

lol. That works too. Hopefully I’ll have a tested install soon enough.

— Ron

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 52 total)
  • The topic ‘pidof: not found’ is closed to new replies.