Packages /

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ervin23
    Participant

hi,

will packages be installed in the internal flash or externally on disk 2 … a flash is probably the solution or?

…. and then keep the xGB harddrive on disk 1 for music only

Is that the way to do it according to your experience?

Installing Unslung 6.8 on a NSLU2

best regards

rpedde
    Participant

@ervin23 wrote:

hi,

will packages be installed in the internal flash or externally on disk 2 … a flash is probably the solution or?

best regards

If you install with this guide: http://wiki.fireflymediaserver.org/NSLU2_Installation

you end up with music on hdd, and packages installed on flash. That seems to work okay for me.

— Ron

ervin23
    Participant

@rpedde wrote:

@ervin23 wrote:

hi,

best regards

If you install with this guide: http://wiki.fireflymediaserver.org/NSLU2_Installation

you end up with music on hdd, and packages installed on flash. That seems to work okay for me.

— Ron

Got it and I reached the install level where the Unslung is OK, I can telnet and my HD is formatted to ext3 in DISK 1, fine 🙂 …. but the flash in DISK 2 is an issue … tried a 1G Lenovo and a Verbatim 128MB … both fails to format and they stay in FAT format … hmm.

What do you think I forgot ??

U3 issue
      wrong port
      ???
    rpedde
    Participant

@ervin23 wrote:

U3 issue
      wrong port
      ???

U3 is possible. Seems like I had to just wipe all the partitions on the flash before it would format right on the linux side. I think I used linux to do that, but you might be able to do that from windows:

Run the U3 uninstaller, then whack the partition so that it shows all unused. Then plug it in and try to format it on the slug.

I think that’s what eventually worked for me.

— Ron

ervin23
    Participant

@rpedde wrote:

@ervin23 wrote:

U3 issue
      wrong port
      ???

U3 is possible. Seems like I had to just wipe all the partitions on the flash before it would format right on the linux side. I think I used linux to do that, but you might be able to do that from windows:

Run the U3 uninstaller, then whack the partition so that it shows all unused. Then plug it in and try to format it on the slug.

I think that’s what eventually worked for me.

— Ron

Installation advice … perfect & thx / the little thing is running !!

The flash key ….. hmm …. I dropped it and I’m running on a HDD.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.