OpenVPN, SBS2003 and no visible Firefly-Share

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues OpenVPN, SBS2003 and no visible Firefly-Share

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 16 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

I’m using a OpenVPN connection to connect to my local network via WLAN over my IPCop Linux-Firewall.

I’ve installed Firefly on my local SBS2003 Server where also Exchange runs.

The issue is, that I can’t see the Firefly/mt-daapd-Share from iTunes when I logon to my VPN. Working on the “green” (LAN) network shows the share without any problems.

Everything else – incl. Exchange works seamless via VPN.

Any ideas are more than welcome!

Regards
    Dennis

fizze
    Participant

Firefly announces it self through multicasts – check that they are propagated thru the VPN tunnel.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi fizze,

thank you for the fast feedback. I will check how to enable multicasts on the OpenVPN (Zerina) server.

I’m currently using “TUN”. Will a change to “TAP” enable it? Honestly I’m very new to VPN and learning the basics currently.

fizze
    Participant

If TAP is a bridged-VPN, then yes, because bridges forward broadcasts and multicasts ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi,

I solved the issue with the installation of “Rendezvous-Server” which is freely available on http://ileech.sourceforge.net/. This streams through VPN and makes my Firefly available whereever I want it ๐Ÿ™‚

Ciao
    Dennis

Anonymous
    Inactive

Uhm.. maybe the happiness was too early :/ Since 2 days I’m trying to get it work again. But nothing works… so – if there are still any untold ideas.. I would be happy to her ’em!

๐Ÿ™‚
    Ciao
    Dennis

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.