Oh no, what have I done?!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    magnate
    Participant

Hi all – I’m using svn1696 – the latest available in Debian. What happened is this: I had a hard disk crash, so I had to back up all my tunes (the dead disk was half of a RAID1 mirror, so I could back up from the remaining disk), get a new drive and then reinstall Linux onto the new RAID set, and then restore my tunes from backup. The only thing I changed was the path where they are stored: they used to be in /mnt/storage/MP3s, but they’re now in /archive/Music. I reinstalled mt-daapd and it started fine – I edited /etc/mt-daapd.conf to point to the new music directory, logged into the web interface and forced a rescan. It found 0 songs because the permissions in /archive/Music were all wrong, so I fixed them (644 for all). But even after fixing that (and restarting mt-daapd just in case) it still doesn’t find the tunes.

Any idea what I’ve done wrong? It’s the same version of mt-daapd, the same config, and the same tunes. The only thing different is the path. Very odd.

Is it something to do with the database? I restored the old songs3.db into /var/cache/mt-daapd, and it seems to be fine (mt-daapd is starting fine, and seems to be writing to it).

Grateful for any hints,

CC

magnate
    Participant

@magnate wrote:

Hi all – I’m using svn1696 – the latest available in Debian. What happened is this: I had a hard disk crash, so I had to back up all my tunes (the dead disk was half of a RAID1 mirror, so I could back up from the remaining disk), get a new drive and then reinstall Linux onto the new RAID set, and then restore my tunes from backup. The only thing I changed was the path where they are stored: they used to be in /mnt/storage/MP3s, but they’re now in /archive/Music. I reinstalled mt-daapd and it started fine – I edited /etc/mt-daapd.conf to point to the new music directory, logged into the web interface and forced a rescan. It found 0 songs because the permissions in /archive/Music were all wrong, so I fixed them (644 for all). But even after fixing that (and restarting mt-daapd just in case) it still doesn’t find the tunes.

Any idea what I’ve done wrong? It’s the same version of mt-daapd, the same config, and the same tunes. The only thing different is the path. Very odd.

Wow, this is one of my stupidest ever, I think. I forgot that you need +x permission to cd into a directory. So the permissions should be 755 not 644. Doh. 11800 songs found.

CC

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.