ogg transcoding problem

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    dontodd
    Participant

I’m using mt-daapd-cvs-20050305 on Ubuntu Dapper, compiled with –enable-oggvorbis and –enable-flac.

I added the full path to wavstreamer, oggdec, and flac in the transcode script.

When I try to play an ogg through Rhythmbox, it just hangs. Sometimes I get a wavstreamer write error. I tried running the command manually, i.e.

usr/local/bin/mt-daapd-ssc.sh /mnt/mymedia/lossy/file.ogg 0 0

and I noticed that I had to use quotes if the filename has spaces in it. Anyway, that outputs gibberish to the console, so I redirected it to ~/out.wav and opened that file in xmms and it plays fine.

Since the script worked when I used quotes around the file name, I’m thinking this might be the issue, but the script appears to quote the filename, too.

Running

sudo /usr/local/sbin/mt-daapd -d5 -f

reveals:
    Thread 0: Autoconvert file /mnt/mymedia/lossy/Songlines/01 – Volunteered Slavery.ogg for client
    Session 1: Streaming file ’01 – Volunteered Slavery.ogg.-*-ssc-*-.wav’ to 192.168.0.200 (offset 0)

and nothing happens (no sound), and when I try to play another song:

Session 1: Streaming file ’02 – I’ll Find My Way.ogg.-*-ssc-*-.wav’ to 192.168.0.200 (offset 0)
    Finished streaming converted file to remote
    wavstreamer: Write failed.
    Error writing to file: Broken pipe
    Got CLD signal. Reaping

Any ideas welcome!

Thanks.

dontodd
    Participant

I tried the perl script instead of the bash one and it gave an error about WAV headers, so I thought I had already installed ffmpeg but apparently not.

It also appears that Rhythmbox is not working properly; when I try to play an ogg in it, no joy, but Banshee is able to play oggs and flacs.

I just wanted to test the transcoding before I shelled out the cash for a SoundBridge, and I think it’ll work now.

Session 2: Streaming file ’01 – Don’t Want You No More.ogg’ to 192.168.0.200 (offset 0)
    Executing /usr/local/bin/mt-daapd-ssc.pl “/mnt/mymedia/lossy/abb/01 – Don’t Want You No More.ogg” 0 145.000 “ogg”
    ffmpeg version CVS, build 3276800, Copyright (c) 2000-2004 Fabrice Bellard
    configuration: –extra-cflags=-fomit-frame-pointer -DRUNTIME_CPUDETECT –build i486-linux-gnu –enable-gpl –enable-pp –enable-zlib –enable-vorbis –enable-libogg –enable-theora –enable-a52 –enable-dts –enable-dc1394 –enable-libgsm –disable-debug –prefix=/usr
    built on Nov 24 2005 10:19:02, gcc: 4.0.3 20051121 (prerelease) (Ubuntu 4.0.2-4ubuntu3)
    Input #0, ogg, from ‘/mnt/mymedia/lossy/abb/01 – Don’t Want You No More.ogg’:
    Duration: 00:02:25.6, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 118 kb/s
    Stream #0.0: Audio: vorbis, 44100 Hz, stereo, 112 kb/s
    Output #0, wav, to ‘pipe:’:
    Stream #0.0: Audio: pcm_s16le, 44100 Hz, stereo, 1411 kb/s
    Stream mapping:
    Stream #0.0 -> #0.0
    Press [q] to stop encoding
    size= 25094kB time=145.7 bitrate=1411.2kbits/s
    video:0kB audio:25094kB global headers:0kB muxing overhead 0.000171%

rpedde
    Participant

@dontodd wrote:

I just wanted to test the transcoding before I shelled out the cash for a SoundBridge, and I think it’ll work now.

You might have better luck with a new version, also… that’s a pretty old version, and any number of things related to transcoding have been done, so you may have better luck.

That said, I can’t imagine you won’t be happy with your SB.

t0m
    Participant

.ogg and .flac trasncoding is working fine in svn-1281 running on debian.

dontodd
    Participant

@rpedde wrote:

That said, I can’t imagine you won’t be happy with your SB.

I just picked one up and had it set up in like 10 minutes–what a breeze! 😀

Unfortunately, I must be getting old because I can hardly hear the difference among different versions of the same song in flac, ogg @ -q7 and ogg @ -q3.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.