ogg files (without transcoding) not playing till the end

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server General Discussion ogg files (without transcoding) not playing till the end

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ignasigarcia

Hi there! I have noticed that if I play ogg files without transcoding, firefly does not send the correct length (duration) of the song (it shows a shorter value than in reality) to the client. If I select transcoding, everything’s fine.

Does scan_type really work for ogg files?

Cheers,

Ignacio

rpedde
    Participant

@ignasigarcia wrote:

Hi there! I have noticed that if I play ogg files without transcoding, firefly does not send the correct length (duration) of the song (it shows a shorter value than in reality) to the client. If I select transcoding, everything’s fine.

Does scan_type really work for ogg files?

Cheers,

Ignacio

Not sure what this is. The duration is set in the ogg file — it doesn’t need to be frame scanned, as the ogg headers actually store song duration.

Transcoding or not transcoding, though, it should show the same duration, so I’m kind of confused on that.

fizze
    Participant

well, what client do you use?

ignasigarcia

sorry about the post. it seems to be an amarok problem. with banshee it works fine. again, I’m sorry. I’ll pass the question to the amarok forums.

Thanks,

Ingacio

fizze
    Participant

alrighty, someone remind to try to have firefly chew those ‘huge’ ogg files once again, on win32 preferably. not on the slug 😉

rpedde
    Participant

@fizze wrote:

alrighty, someone remind to try to have firefly chew those ‘huge’ ogg files once again, on win32 preferably. not on the slug 😉

D’oh!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.