Ogg files not transcoding but playing crap

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues Ogg files not transcoding but playing crap

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Iris
    Participant

In this post I was trying to trouble shoot why my flac file wasn’t updating the ‘time_played’ field in the db. So I thought I’d try an Ogg file. I ripped a couple of tracks to ogg format and checked that they played using MediaMonkey.

I then tried to play them back through the Soundbridge to check if they would update the ‘last played’ db field. Howver, even though the soundbridge displays the tag info the playback can best be described as noise. Checking the log I don’t see the same description as I do when transcoding Flac files. It looks like to me based on the log entires that the ogg file isn’t been transcoded.

I have ogg in my extensions and files to transcode configuration.

Any suggestions?

Iris

rpedde
    Participant

@Iris wrote:

In this post I was trying to trouble shoot why my flac file wasn’t updating the ‘time_played’ field in the db. So I thought I’d try an Ogg file. I ripped a couple of tracks to ogg format and checked that they played using MediaMonkey.

I then tried to play them back through the Soundbridge to check if they would update the ‘last played’ db field. Howver, even though the soundbridge displays the tag info the playback can best be described as noise. Checking the log I don’t see the same description as I do when transcoding Flac files. It looks like to me based on the log entires that the ogg file isn’t been transcoded.

I have ogg in my extensions and files to transcode configuration.

Any suggestions?

Iris

Do:

oggdec oggfile.ogg -o wavfile.wav

where oggfile.ogg is the ogg file you are trying to transcode.

It should dump a wav file. See if that plays with a regular media player. If so, then it’s something wrong with the transcode script. If not, then it’s something not right with oggdec… doesn’t like embedded art, or mismatch in ogg library version or something.

— Ron

siege_king
    Participant

I got the same problem. Converted and it’s the same crap.
    So it’s the oggdecoder. What can I try next?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.