NSLU2 vs HP MediaVault

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    sansp00
    Participant

Well, I have 2 over clocked slugs and won a HP MediaVault (2010 with the 300 gigs). I was wondering which one of the NAS would yield better results with Firefly and if the difference was noticeable.

HP – MIPS 300-Mghz 64 MB
    Linksys ARM ~266-Mghz 32 MB

Thanks in advance
    Patrick S.

rpedde
    Participant

@sansp00 wrote:

Well, I have 2 over clocked slugs and won a HP MediaVault (2010 with the 300 gigs). I was wondering which one of the NAS would yield better results with Firefly and if the difference was noticeable.

HP – MIPS 300-Mghz 64 MB
    Linksys ARM ~266-Mghz 32 MB

Thanks in advance
    Patrick S.

I think the mediavault would make a great server. I haven’t seen an unslung bootstrap for it yet, though. I was thinking about making one (as I have a mediavault) and submitting it to the unslung folks.

— Ron

sansp00
    Participant

Well, after messing around with it during the week-end, it looks like a very capable NAS. I found this link pretty interesting: http://www.k0lee.com/hpmediavault/index.html

The raid, gigabit Ethernet and horsepower make it a nice fit with my gear. I would not have gotten one myself (quite costly) but since it was given away, I took it 🙂

Did you do anything funky with it ?

Patrick S.

rpedde
    Participant

@sansp00 wrote:

Well, after messing around with it during the week-end, it looks like a very capable NAS. I found this link pretty interesting: http://www.k0lee.com/hpmediavault/index.html

The raid, gigabit Ethernet and horsepower make it a nice fit with my gear. I would not have gotten one myself (quite costly) but since it was given away, I took it 🙂

Did you do anything funky with it ?

Patrick S.

No, I got it specifically to try and bootstrap it for unslung, just haven’t gotten around to it yet. I’ve got lots of stuff I haven’t gotten around to yet. :/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.