NSLU2 setup, Itunes problem

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi there,

I’ve installed FireFly on my NSLU2 and everything seems to go fine. It starts up, scans my music collection and starts up the webserver, which I can open in my browser.

BUT, when I open Itunes, I can’t see my music! Nothing is logged in the logfile.

Anyone a sollution? Thx

Anonymous
    Inactive

on the left side of the itunes window there’s a ‘shared music’ triangle. Click that and your slug share should show up.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Unfortunately there’s not. Anyone else got a clue?

rpedde
    Participant

@toenie wrote:

Unfortunately there’s not. Anyone else got a clue?

Double-check you’ve got “search for shared libraries” enabled in your itunes preferences.

What version of firefly do you have? Does it show the loaded modules in the web status page? Does it show rsp and out-daap loaded?

Did you upgrade from the stable (0.2.4) version? And if so, did you let the ipkg overwrite the existing config? If not, try re-installing (with –force if necessary) and let it overwrite the config, then edit it to taste.

Failing all that… are the client and server separated by wireless? Does your wireless router have any configuration to enable IGMP or multicast (or even maybe upnp)?

The config missing the entries to load the plugins and the wireless dropping multicast are the most reasonable things I can think of that might be wrong. More info on how the network is set up (link types, router brands, etc) and info on the version might be helpful if these ideas don’t pan out.

— Ron

Anonymous
    Inactive

“search for shared libraries” is enabled

Version 0.2.4.1

– Does it show the loaded modules in the web status page? No

– Does it show rsp and out-daap loaded? No

Did you upgrade from the stable (0.2.4) version? I didn’t have to.

And if so, did you let the ipkg overwrite the existing config? If not, try re-installing (with –force if necessary) and let it overwrite the config, then edit it to taste. Ok, I did a reinstallation and edited my config file

Failing all that… are the client and server separated by wireless? Does your wireless router have any configuration to enable IGMP or multicast (or even maybe upnp)? Upnp is enabled on my router, I got wireless

The config missing the entries to load the plugins What plugins do you mean? and the wireless dropping multicast I supose it’s not that are the most reasonable things I can think of that might be wrong.

So, resuming, I guess my plugin question might be important here. Could you please answer that. Thanks for your response!

rpedde
    Participant

Version 0.2.4.1

0.2.4.1 should probably just work. If you slug is multihomed, that might be an issue. If you are running another mdns daemon, that might be an issue also. Like avahi or howl or something else.

Do you see either mDNSResponder running or avahi-daemon?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.