nslu2: ipkg chooses old package

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    [email protected]
    Participant

Hi,

I have some problems installing mt-daapd on nslu2 (SlugOS/Linux unslung 2.6.16). I’ve been trying quite a few of the recipies around, w/o success. I’ve both downloaded the latest SVN, and tried “ipkg install mt-daapd_svn-1652-1_armeb.ipk”, as well as creating /etc/ipkg/firefly.conf, executing “ipkg update; ipkg install mt-daapd”. In all cases, ipkg ends up installing the old (0.2.3) version.

Executing ipkg list | grep mt-daapd shows me that in fact ipkg knows of two versions of mt-daapd:

mt-daapd - 0.2.3-r0 - multi threaded daap server for POSIX Systems: iTunes Server.
    mt-daapd - svn-1652-1 - A multi-threaded DAAP server for Linux and other POSIX type systems. Allows a Linux box to share audio files with iTunes users

Running ipkg info shows me that in fact, they are registered with different architectures:

root@unslung:/etc/ipkg# ipkg info mt-daapd
    Package: mt-daapd
    Version: 0.2.3-r0
    Depends: update-rc.d, libc6 (>= 2.3.5+cvs20050627), libgdbm3 (>= 1.8.3), libid3tag0 (>= 0.15.0b), libz1 (>= 1.2.3), libgcc1 (>= 3.4.4)
    Section: console/network
    Architecture: arm
    maintainer: NSLU2 Linux
    MD5Sum: 5e1aa3a83cdcdb00e02c931ac0a406e1
    Size: 140722
    Filename: mt-daapd_0.2.3-r0_arm.ipk
    Source: http://heanet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/mt-daapd/mt-daapd-0.2.3.tar.gz file://mt-daapd.init
    Description: multi threaded daap server for POSIX Systems: iTunes Server.

Package: mt-daapd
    Version: svn-1652-1
    Depends: libid3tag, libogg, libvorbis, ivorbis-tools, flac, sqlite2, bash, alac-decoder, sqlite
    Section: net
    Architecture: armeb
    maintainer: NSLU2 Linux
    MD5Sum: f552b74b1bc16306a530541df71bb879
    Size: 723202
    Filename: mt-daapd_svn-1652-1_armeb.ipk
    Source: http://debian-server/releases/1652/mt-daapd-svn-1652.tar.gz
    Description: A multi-threaded DAAP server for Linux and other POSIX type systems. Allows a Linux box to share audio files with iTunes users on Windows or Mac.

…which perhabs is the key to the problem. Executing “ipkg print_architecture” shows me that in fact, “armeb” is not supported:

root@unslung:/var/tmp# ipkg print_architecture
    arch all 1
    arch any 6
    arch noarch 11
    arch arm 16
    arch ixp4xx 21
    arch nslu2 26
    arch thumbel 31
    arch thumbv4tl 36
    arch thumbv5tl 41
    arch arm 46
    arch armv2l 51
    arch armv2al 56
    arch armv3l 61
    arch armv3ml 66
    arch armv4l 71
    arch armv4tl 76
    arch armv5l 81
    arch armv5tl 86
    arch armv5el 91
    arch armv5tel 96
    arch xscalel 101
    arch ixp4xxle 106
    arch nslu2le 111

So, now, if anyone could point me in the right direction for what to do, I’d appreciate it!!

Sincerely,
    Sverre [/code]

fizze
    Participant

http://nightlies.mt-daapd.org/

is your starting point.
    Download the ipkg that suits your architecture, and install from the local file.

rpedde
    Participant

@fizze wrote:

http://nightlies.mt-daapd.org/

is your starting point.
    Download the ipkg that suits your architecture, and install from the local file.

Actually, I don’t think anyones done a slugos package. I haven’t, and haven’t heard of one.

Mostly I don’t hear much about it, as most folks that are running slugos are doing it for things like robot controllers and other super-slim devices, not as general purpose machines. Those folks usually run debian.

I think your best bet would probably be to compile it on the box, as I don’t think there is a precompiled binary anywhere.

— Ron

[email protected]
    Participant

U’re right. I realized the problem was that the package wasn’t for slugos. Upgrading to debian now 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.