no playlists from itunes

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    stephan2000
    Participant

hello to all,

i’m a firefly and roku soundbridge newbie and have the same problems.
    i can access to the admin page and can browse by title, artist or album name about my complete library but there are no playlist from itunes found by the soundbridge.

i don’t know if it’s either a firefly or soundbridge problem?
    i update the soundbridge to the lastet software version 2.7.78 which supports itunes 7.x.

so, where’s the different between accessing to the singles files and accessing the playlist that are created in itunes?
    in itunes a have also a “firefly mediaserver” entry where the same number of tracks is shown as in the itunes library.

i post the same in the soundbridge user forum, because i don’t know what do know.

thanks for any help.

stephan

rpedde
    Participant

@stephan2000 wrote:

hello to all,

i’m a firefly and roku soundbridge newbie and have the same problems.
    i can access to the admin page and can browse by title, artist or album name about my complete library but there are no playlist from itunes found by the soundbridge.

i don’t know if it’s either a firefly or soundbridge problem?
    i update the soundbridge to the lastet software version 2.7.78 which supports itunes 7.x.

so, where’s the different between accessing to the singles files and accessing the playlist that are created in itunes?
    in itunes a have also a “firefly mediaserver” entry where the same number of tracks is shown as in the itunes library.

i post the same in the soundbridge user forum, because i don’t know what do know.

thanks for any help.

stephan

Make sure your music directory is set to your “My Music” directory. That should do it.

stephan2000
    Participant

hello rpedde,

thanks for the information.
    i will try it today afternoon and will give you feedback.

stephan

stephan2000
    Participant

hello rpedde,

still no playlist from itunes. πŸ˜₯

the “my music” is set to “d:sharesmusic”. thats a local folder where all my music files are placed. the itunes library is placed in the same folder.

at the firefly server – on the same server – the pathes for “music folder” and “playlist files” are set to this folder. also “process m3u.files” is set to yes.

as sayed all files from the music folder “d:sharesmusic” are found and can be browsed and played by the soundbridge. also i have a firefly mediaserver entry in itunes.

so no matter where the problem is. πŸ™

stephan

rpedde
    Participant

@stephan2000 wrote:

hello rpedde,

still no playlist from itunes. πŸ˜₯

the “my music” is set to “d:sharesmusic”. thats a local folder where all my music files are placed. the itunes library is placed in the same folder.

at the firefly server – on the same server – the pathes for “music folder” and “playlist files” are set to this folder. also “process m3u.files” is set to yes.

as sayed all files from the music folder “d:sharesmusic” are found and can be browsed and played by the soundbridge. also i have a firefly mediaserver entry in itunes.

so no matter where the problem is. πŸ™

stephan

You are saying that “d:sharesmusic” has a file in it called “iTunes Music Library.xml”? And that’s where your music directory is set to in firefly?

stephan2000
    Participant

hello rpedde,

that’s correct.
    the file “iTunes Music Library.xml” is located in the folder “d:sharesmusic”
    and this folder is specified in firefly as the music directory.

is this wrong ???

rpedde
    Participant

@stephan2000 wrote:

hello rpedde,

that’s correct.
    the file “iTunes Music Library.xml” is located in the folder “d:sharesmusic”
    and this folder is specified in firefly as the music directory.

is this wrong ???

No, that’s right. Do you have “Process_m3u” set to “yes” in the config? As well as “process_xml”?

stephan2000
    Participant

@rpedde wrote:

No, that’s right. Do you have “Process_m3u” set to “yes” in the config? As well as “process_xml”?

Yes, “Process_m3u” is set to “Yes”, but I didn’t find an entry to select “Process_xml”.
    Is ist in another window than “configuration” or is it a new future in version 1.1 of firefly ?

stephan2000
    Participant

i was ill the last three days, so i can’t stay on my problem.
    but i think i did it πŸ˜€

i replaced all pathentrys at the firefly server [dialogwindow and web] with the unc-path of the folder and after a restart i get all my playlists from itunes to my soundbridge. πŸ˜†

by the way, does anybody know if there’s a way to get the partyplaylist?

thanks for help !!!

stephan

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.