No music files in firefly library

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues No music files in firefly library

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    jp

I have set up firefly on a windows 2000 machine with no problem. On my other XP machine, firefly loads up but does not display any tracks when I call it up in ITunes and therefore get a <0> files message on the ROKU when I search for songs or artist etc. Can anyone help me with this one? Thanks

JP

rpedde
    Participant

@jp wrote:

I have set up firefly on a windows 2000 machine with no problem. On my other XP machine, firefly loads up but does not display any tracks when I call it up in ITunes and therefore get a <0> files message on the ROKU when I search for songs or artist etc. Can anyone help me with this one? Thanks

JP

Where is your music at, and where did you point your music library to?

jp

My music is on a d-link dsm-g600 wireless NAS. Both machines (the windows 2000 and the xp) are pointed to the same music directories. I am starting to think the problem is specific to XP because I tried firefly on my laptop which is running xp pro and the same thing happened. The Windows 2000 machine is connected to the network by cable. All the xp machines are wireless.

fizze
    Participant

hm maybe its running XP Home?
    Those have some “difficulties” *cough* in networking environments….
    🙄

jp

The working desktop has windows 2000 on it. The other desktop has windows xp home. A third desktop has xp pro as does a laptop. The xp computers will scan the database but come up with nothing in the library.

JP

rpedde
    Participant

@jp wrote:

The working desktop has windows 2000 on it. The other desktop has windows xp home. A third desktop has xp pro as does a laptop. The xp computers will scan the database but come up with nothing in the library.

JP

Gotcha. I understand that. Where is the music physically located on that machine? On the C drive, in My Music? Or is it stored on an external drive, like a USB drive? Or a network drive?

Also, when you installed it, it asked where your music was. Where did you point it to? What path did you put in the box?

Do you have iTunes installed on the machines that come up with no files?

macsband

On my WinXP Pro machine, I always have to have Firefly scan twice. The first time, it finds zero playlists; the next time it finds them all.

Also:

Check your permissions. By default, XP is configured to not access network resources via anonymous or everyone. On the WinXP Pro machine you can turn it back on via gpedit.msc.

Here are some security policies to check:

Computer Configuration | Windows Settings | Security Settings | Local Policies | User Rights Assignment | Access this computer from the network. Make sure “Everyone” is listed.

Computer Configuration | Windows Settings | Security Settings | Local Policies | Security Options:

– Accounts: Limit local account user of blank passwords to console logon only. Disabled.

– Network access: Let Everyone permissions apply to anonymous users. Enabled

Hope this helps.

Mac

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.