No Metadata

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ebroder
    Participant

So, I feel like I’m probably missing something really obvious, but mt-daapd doesn’t seem to be processing any metadata at all.

I’m using the latest nightly, although I tried the stable as well. I’m connecting through iTunes 7.

mt-daapd serves all the files fine, but it doesn’t parse any tagging; it just feeds the filename.

Any ideas?

rpedde
    Participant

@ebroder wrote:

So, I feel like I’m probably missing something really obvious, but mt-daapd doesn’t seem to be processing any metadata at all.

I’m using the latest nightly, although I tried the stable as well. I’m connecting through iTunes 7.

mt-daapd serves all the files fine, but it doesn’t parse any tagging; it just feeds the filename.

Any ideas?

What kind of file? And is it all files, or just some? If it’s mp3 files, I know some (old?) taggers made tags that libid3tag (which is what I use for tag reading) can’t read. That’s possibly it.

ebroder
    Participant

Ah – you’re right. I just picked a bad MP3 to test with. Thanks.

ebroder
    Participant

One quick related followup –

I don’t actually want to serve music. I’m trying to set this up to serve movies, specifically, .mov movies. It’s way beyond my skill to write a metadata parser, so I wanted to try and use an iTunes xml file. Is there some flag I need to set to get Firefly to parse the iTunes file? All of the paths in it are absolute and correct, and it is in the top level directory of the media store.

rpedde
    Participant

@ebroder wrote:

One quick related followup –

I don’t actually want to serve music. I’m trying to set this up to serve movies, specifically, .mov movies. It’s way beyond my skill to write a metadata parser, so I wanted to try and use an iTunes xml file. Is there some flag I need to set to get Firefly to parse the iTunes file? All of the paths in it are absolute and correct, and it is in the top level directory of the media store.

You’ll need latest nightlies, and the movie files will have to be called “.mov” or “.m4v” to work right now. Also, you’ll have to make sure .mov and .m4v are in your “extensions” in the config file.

But that should do it.

— Ron

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.