No Albumart in FrontRow

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi there,

I use mt-daapd Server for my MacMini-MediaStation.

Now I have a little Problem with the Albumart in FrontRow. It just won’t show.
    Not while browsing through the Songs nor while playing a song.

When I play a Song through the mt-daapd-Server in iTunes it at least shows the albumart of the actual Song playing.

What am I doing wrong? I need some Help here!

Acid

rpedde
    Participant

@AcidReign wrote:

Hi there,

I use mt-daapd Server for my MacMini-MediaStation.

Now I have a little Problem with the Albumart in FrontRow. It just won’t show.
    Not while browsing through the Songs nor while playing a song.

When I play a Song through the mt-daapd-Server in iTunes it at least shows the albumart of the actual Song playing.

What am I doing wrong? I need some Help here!

Acid

It can’t fetch album art until it actually starts streaming the audio, since the cover is embedded in the song. When it connects, it can’t fetch all the album art, or the connect would take forever.

Does it show cover art when browsing connected to an itunes share?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well I can live without a Cover while browsing, but it also doesn’t show the cover while playing the song.
    THAT’S the problem. It shows the Cover in iTunes while playing the song. But it doesn’t in Front Row. 🙁

/Edit: Oh and I just checked. It also doesn’t show the playing cover-art from a connected iTunes… so there might be something wrong in my Front Row?! Damn…

rpedde
    Participant

@AcidReign wrote:

Well I can live without a Cover while browsing, but it also doesn’t show the cover while playing the song.
    THAT’S the problem. It shows the Cover in iTunes while playing the song. But it doesn’t in Front Row. 🙁

/Edit: Oh and I just checked. It also doesn’t show the playing cover-art from a connected iTunes… so there might be something wrong in my Front Row?! Damn…

Make sure you have the cover art browser set to “currently playing” nad not “currently selected”

Also, the cover art has to be embedded in the file, not in the .ics files. see applescripts like: http://dougscripts.com/itunes/scripts/scripts13.php?page=1#trackswithoutartwork

to force that.

-Ron

Anonymous
    Inactive

The CoverArt is IN the mp3-File.
    And iTunes ist set to display the current playing song. (and as I said it works in iTunes)

What else can I do?

jelockwood
    Participant

@AcidReign wrote:

The CoverArt is IN the mp3-File.
    And iTunes ist set to display the current playing song. (and as I said it works in iTunes)

What else can I do?

There is a known issue with Front Row 2 as included with Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard). Whereas previous (Tiger) versions of Front Row did support displaying Album Art for remote iTunes libraries, this is ‘broken’ in the Leopard version of Front Row.

See this as an example discussion – http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1197140&tstart=15

The conclusion is that as this was possible in previous Front Row versions this is a new Front Row issue and not an iTunes issue. One point worth bearing in mind is that the Tiger version of Front Row actually launched iTunes to play tracks and did not do it itself, the new Leopard Front Row now does do it itself by accessing the same programming libraries and no longer launches iTunes (the same applies to playing DVDs, it no longer launches the Apple DVD player), it would seem that as the full-fat iTunes is no longer being used the iTunes-lite programming interface is not (yet) providing this feature.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.