Nightly package for MSSII – latest release available!!!

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server General Discussion Nightly package for MSSII – latest release available!!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi there,

first of all I would like to thank everyone involved in the development of this great peace of software. I have been successfully using Firefly since one year on Windows together with my Roku M1001 player. I am particularly happy how it serves FLAC as this is the main chunk of my music library.

I have lately purchased the Maxtor Shared Storage II to make the system independent from the laptop. I have managed to successfully install the official Firefly release on the MSSII, however the features in this version are limited and do not offer any FLAC support.

Therefore I would like to ask whether it was possible for someone with the necessary expertise to generate a nightly IPKG package for MSSII (ARM little endian -> *arm.ipk). This would allow me and other proud users of the MSSII to enjoy the latest features of the Firefly server on this platform.

Thank very much for your help.

PS: If there is anyone else interested to run Firefly on MSSII, please post here to give this topic more importance.

OXB

Well I looked around and the latest versions do not seem to be available for MSSII.

So, one more vote from me.

danbowker

The latest that I have found is http://nightlies.fireflymediaserver.org/version.php. This runs OK on my MSSII and I can see the library from iTunes on PC and Mac and from the Firefly Java client but not from my Soundbridge HomeMusic. Maybe a later build would help… I would be interested to try if someone can make one available.

Thanks for the good work.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dear All,

please be advised that there is a new version of Firefly for MSSII available. I installed it today and it is just perfect. Forget all the Twonkies and similar stuff. This version of Firefly plays just any audio format – simply amazing. I can now finally enjoy all my FLAC libraries on my Roku SoundBridge driven system….. 8)

For those who are inspired, here the link with the latest version for MSSII:
    http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/cs05q3armel/cross/stable/

All you need is to insall the latest version -> mt-daapd-svn_1696-1_arm.ipk

# ipkg install mt-daapd-svn

Enjoy…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.