New WHS setup on HPMSS, won’t copy itunes files to server

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues New WHS setup on HPMSS, won’t copy itunes files to server

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I am trying to get my itunes files moved to a new HP WHS. It worked one time so I have a number of files that show up on the shared group. However new files added to itunes do not show up there.

I have read every post I can find regarding the installation, the setup process and itunes aggregation, but nothing seems to fit. I have run the MediaAggregation.exe file directly from the command line but it ends immediately and no error message appear and nothing shows up in the Windows event log.

1) Is there someplace to look for error messages that I might be missing?

2) Is there another method that will work to get my files moved to and accessible on the server?

Anonymous
    Inactive

After experimenting at length, it appears the what I perceived as a problem is simply the fact that Firefly does not process files that are tagged as with DRM protection. Why some files that were also tagged as such were moved threw me off the track. Later I could see that other files were being processed normally. Since my goal was to copy my CD collection to the WHS it turns out Firefly is certainly not the tool for the job.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.