New songs added to folder not showing on soundbridge

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues New songs added to folder not showing on soundbridge

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    spiralmind

Hi,

I add new songs to my music folder, and then go down stairs to listen to them on my soundbridge and they are not there? Very annoying! How do I get this too work?

Have tried the online server page thing and clicked the button ‘scan’ which seems to scan or do something but still no results?

Also what is the difference between scan and a full scan? did both with no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

fizze
    Participant

A “scan” just adds new files, so that should work.
    A “Full scan” completely wipes the database and rebuilds it from scratch, more or less.

What platform is firefly running on? Could it be that you are facing a permission issue? Meaning that firefly isn’t allowed to access those songs?
    Maybe they are also a different codec, one that firefly isnt setup to scan just yet?

Either way, FireFly won’T automatucally pick up new files, unless you explicitely configure it to automatically rescan at periodic intervals, or press the “scan” button every once in a while.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.