Network required for Firefly to SoundBridge?

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server General Discussion Network required for Firefly to SoundBridge?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    dontodd
    Participant

I’ve been running Firefly on my home pc (linux) to serve songs to a Roku Soundbridge. I’m going to be away from home but wanted to be able to use the Soundbridge. I’ve installed Firefly on a Macbook (under linux via vmware fusion) and it works, at least on the local machine. (On the linux side, Rhythmbox sees it; on the Mac side, iTunes sees it.)

If I want to stream my library to the Soundbridge, do I have to plug both laptop and Soundbridge into a network, or will the Soundbridge just “see” the Firefly server?

Thanks,

Todd

fizze
    Participant

Well firefly also runs under OS X, at least its supposed to be 😉

If we’re talking wireless network here you need to make your macbook look like an accesspoint. a DHCP-Server wouldn’t hurt either, so that the SoundBridge picks up an IP and stuff.

If you wire it, a DHCP might not hurt either, and you need to make sure that you use a crossover cable (unless you have a fairly new macbook – IIRC those automatically detect crossover from straight network cable…? Someone correct me if I’m wrong)

dontodd
    Participant

OK, it sounds like it needs a network setup; I’ll pack a router, then.

I tried the Firefly Mac build but couldn’t get iTunes to play any of the songs. I don’t know if it’s because my collection is in ogg format or what, but I just didn’t want to take the time to troubleshoot it. 😳

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.