NAS Server

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    cs119

Hi

Can someone help me out

I’ve just added a NAS Server to my home network, and I would like to access my itunes music from the NAS without starting up my PC

Has anyone got an idiots guide on how to set this up ???

Thanks

S80_UK
    Participant

Hi,

I can’t nelp with specifics, but the first thing folks need to know before pointing you in any particular direction is which NAS server do you have? They vary quite a bit, and some will be much easier to set up than others – and some will already have suitable software included or readily available.

cs119

Hi

My NAS server is made by a company called Level 1, you buy the NAS with 1 empty slot, and I’ve put in a Maxtor 300G hard drive

the web site for the spec is

http://global.level1.com/products2.php?Id=721&PC1thId=18

Hope this helps in answer to this question

Thanks

rpedde
    Participant

@cs119 wrote:

Hi

My NAS server is made by a company called Level 1, you buy the NAS with 1 empty slot, and I’ve put in a Maxtor 300G hard drive

the web site for the spec is

http://global.level1.com/products2.php?Id=721&PC1thId=18

Hope this helps in answer to this question

Thanks

I looked around a bit on this, and I don’t see anyone having made any announced progress on hacking this.

Before arbitrary software can be ported to a system like this, the first thing that someone has to figure out is how to break into the machine to be able to install software (and potentially make replacement firmware).

Nobody seems to have done this yet.

I don’t even see a web site yet consolidating hacking attempts. Either it doesn’t have a large user community, or it’s so recently released that nobody has really gotten a chance to hack on it yet.

In either case, it looks like it will be a while before you’ll be able to run arbitrary binaries on it.

— Ron

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.