Musepack transcoding via ffmpeg

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    dtlin

1. If I have both ssc-ffmpeg and ssc-script loaded, everything gets transcoded via the latter. (Am I setting something up wrong?)
    2. So if I want most of my files to be transcoded via ssc-ffmpeg, I have to not load ssc-script.
    3. Which is all fine and dandy, except that ssc-ffmpeg is unwilling to transcode .mpc for me.
    4. Conveniently, the dumb and obvious change

diff -rN -p -u old-mt-daapd/src/plugins/ssc-ffmpeg.c new-mt-daapd/src/plugins/ssc-ffmpeg.c
    --- old-mt-daapd/src/plugins/ssc-ffmpeg.c 2007-10-12 23:04:16.255460695 -0400
    +++ new-mt-daapd/src/plugins/ssc-ffmpeg.c 2007-10-12 23:04:16.755134484 -0400
    @@ -128,7 +128,7 @@ PLUGIN_INFO _pi = {
    NULL, /* event fns */
    &_ptfn, /* fns */
    NULL, /* rend info */
    - "flac,alac,ogg,wma" /* codeclist */
    + "flac,alac,ogg,wma,mpc"/* codeclist */
    };

char *ssc_ffmpeg_error(void *pv) {

works for me. I have ffmpeg 20070616, which defaults to CONFIG_MPC7_DECODER=1.

I can’t seem to open tickets on Trac, otherwise I’d be posting there…

rpedde
    Participant

@dtlin wrote:

1. If I have both ssc-ffmpeg and ssc-script loaded, everything gets transcoded via the latter. (Am I setting something up wrong?)

That can be tunes iwth the ssc_codecs config option. The ssc-script is kind of the last-ditch method of transcoding.

2. So if I want most of my files to be transcoded via ssc-ffmpeg, I have to not load ssc-script.
    3. Which is all fine and dandy, except that ssc-ffmpeg is unwilling to transcode .mpc for me.
    4. Conveniently, the dumb and obvious change

diff -rN -p -u old-mt-daapd/src/plugins/ssc-ffmpeg.c new-mt-daapd/src/plugins/ssc-ffmpeg.c
    --- old-mt-daapd/src/plugins/ssc-ffmpeg.c 2007-10-12 23:04:16.255460695 -0400
    +++ new-mt-daapd/src/plugins/ssc-ffmpeg.c 2007-10-12 23:04:16.755134484 -0400
    @@ -128,7 +128,7 @@ PLUGIN_INFO _pi = {
    NULL, /* event fns */
    &_ptfn, /* fns */
    NULL, /* rend info */
    - "flac,alac,ogg,wma" /* codeclist */
    + "flac,alac,ogg,wma,mpc"/* codeclist */
    };

char *ssc_ffmpeg_error(void *pv) {

works for me. I have ffmpeg 20070616, which defaults to CONFIG_MPC7_DECODER=1.

Cool. Clearly I need a config based way to change the codecs that want to be transcoded with ffmpeg.

I can’t seem to open tickets on Trac, otherwise I’d be posting there…

sadly, I can’t see a way to tell you from a spammer, and without that, the spammers win. :-/

spammers make everything bad.

towolf

Hello. I’ve tried this patch and it works so far. But there is one caveat. The transcoded WAV starts with a very brutal short audio glitch. It sounds like it is trying to play the APEv2 tag data in the header of the files. I don’t understand this. I used ffmpeg in a shell on the same files and there is no glitch.

Why was this patch not applied to trunk to begin with?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Feature Requests’ is closed to new topics and replies.