Multiple instances of Firefly

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    rustybones
    Participant

Hi guys,
    I’m having real trouble in getting multiple instances of Firefly to run.

What I’m trying to do is to get Firefly to read the mp3’s off of two HDD’s (the OS is Ubuntu 7.04 and the secondary drive is mounted correctly) and serve them up to itunes on my windows box.

From what I understand from reading on this forum is that I need to two instances of Firefly with each of the .conf files pointing to the directory where the mp3’s are located.

Is there a definitive way to achieve this, maybe a step by step guide somewhere?

cheers
    rhys

S80_UK
    Participant

Hi,

It’s not clear why you need to run two instances of Firefly. Firefly can be configured to serve files from multiple locations – just use the “add folder” facility on the web-based config page, for example.

The main purpose in running more than one instance of Firefly is that it allows the SoundBridge to connect to and then browse or search more than one selection of music, perhaps for different user’s who only want to be able to see ‘their’ music. Where the music is held is irrelevent – it could all be on a single disk or on more than one.

But to answer your question – this thread may help.

http://forums.fireflymediaserver.org/viewtopic.php?t=5590

There are a couple of messages in there which while not a complete step-by-step guide, should allow you to figure out what’s needed.

Hope that helps,

Les.

rustybones
    Participant

Thanks Les that did it. Maybe I should look into the program a little closer next time instead of assuming it’s harder than what it really is ๐Ÿ˜† I guess the member title of “n00b” really fits me here in this instance ๐Ÿ˜‰

cheers mate

S80_UK
    Participant

Hey – no worries! We all have to learn how to walk before we can learn how to run. Me, I’m at the jogging stage where I fall flat on my face every 50 yards or so becuase I can’t always see where I am going. ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.