Multicast routers

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    werg

I have a NLSU unlslung with firefly running well – I have been trying to get the server visable in itunes via wireless without any joy. I have come across what I think is the issue which is one of multicast. There is no option for this on my Belkin wireless G router so am unable to check it. If I need to change my wireless router which one should I go for to allow for multicasting and sorting out my problem ❓

fizze
    Participant

I really can vouch for the Linksys WRT54G series. There is a whole range of models, but be sure to pick one that is supported by 3rd party firmware like OpenWRT.
    I’ve got 3 WRT54Gs (v1.1, v2 and GL) and they all work like a charm.

Even without the 3rd party firmware they forward multicasts etc. in the LAN just fine.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Werg,

I have this model of Belkin router

runtime Code version	 F5D7633-4Av1_UK_1.00.17

which powers my main slug setup. Firefly on slug shows up perfectly on a wireless Mac in iTunes. Equally I don’t see any multicast option in the router menus, but first up try switching to a different channel from the default.

Then, if possible or something similar:

Under Wireless> Channel & SSID
    have: 54g-auto enabled 54g protection ON Turbo Mode – Frame-bursting Mode

If there is some other mixed-mode option, check it as your Roku is a b-mode device.

you don’t mention the Roku’s location relative to the router. Bear in mind walls, distance & other interference/environmental factors which may have a bearing on things…

andy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.