mt-daapd started failing: ssc-script.so? HOWL compatibility?

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues mt-daapd started failing: ssc-script.so? HOWL compatibility?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

mt-daapd was working for me for a long while. At some point it stopped (perhaps after an apt-get upgrade, but I really don’t know when). The errors I see are:

$ sudo mt-daapd -f
    Firefly Version svn-1696: Starting with debuglevel 2
    Error loading plugin /usr/lib/mt-daapd/plugins/ssc-script.so: plugin declined to load
    Plugin loaded: rsp/svn-1696
    Plugin loaded: daap/svn-1696
    Plugin loaded: ssc-ffmpeg/svn-1696
    Starting rendezvous daemon
    *** WARNING *** The program ‘mt-daapd’ uses the HOWL compatibility layer of Avahi.
    *** WARNING *** Please fix your application to use the native API of Avahi!
    *** WARNING *** For more information see <http://0pointer.de/avahi-compat?s=howl&e=mt-daapd>
    Starting signal handler
    Initializing database
    Query: vacuum
    Error: constraint failed
    Aborting
    Rendezvous socket closed (daap server crashed?) Aborting.
    Aborting

I see the errors for ssc-script.so and the HOWL compatibility layer, but I didn’t think those were fatal. I did some searches for “Error: constraint failed” but couldn’t find anything firefly or mt-daapd related.

Any clues here? This is on a hardy machine with a standard ‘apt-get mt-daapd’ install. I hear that the HOWL compatibility can be fixed for hardy machines by compiling my own mt-daapd with the right configuration, but I don’t want to bother unless I know that’s really the problem.

thanks!

–eric

fizze
    Participant

dont worry about the ssc stuff, thats just for embedded systems like the slug. You are transcoding with ffmpeg.

The avahi messages are nothing you can do anything about, thats up to a dev to fix.

The most likely cause is that your database is corrupted, and firefyl cannot update it. Rename it and see if that fixes it.
    You might also change to sqlite3 while you’re at it, which will break compatibility with your old database for good, but it’s usually worth it since sqlite3 is stabler.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Awesome. Clearing out the DB file indeed forced it to rebuild the DB and everything’s hunky dory now. Thanks!

helfon

I had a problem with firefly on the HP Media smart server not saving the option enable for itunes sharing and this same solution got me working again. I just renamed the old db file can’t remember the actual name but it ended in 3.db and it created a new one which works fine now. Thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.