mt-daapd on Buffalo TeraStation

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    CCRDude
    Participant

Was anyone successful in adding mt-daapd to the TeraStation? If so, are there tutorials etc. out there? Haven’t used mt-daapd a lot in the past months because it was crashing so often and I needed the space on the server anyway, but now that I’ve got the TeraStation, I’ld probably give it a try there, and write a tutorial if none exists ๐Ÿ™‚

mbaker
    Participant

I’m just considering this myself and wondered if you’d managed to get very far with it. Would much rather have the server running on something stable rather than my Windoze desktop.

Cheers,
    Mark

joe.obrien
    Participant

I’ve flashed my TeraStation; to allow telnet root access. But the compile of mt-daapd now looks to be more serious than I’d hoped.

I haven’t found a compiled version yet. And everyone says to use the PPC RPM; however the TS OS does not have RPM.

Any updates anyone has seen?

CCRDude
    Participant

I did this back then for a short time (involved an ugly amount of getting dev tools available), but the telnet’d image wasn’t really stable for some reason.

I’m soon going to try to put Debian on the TeraStation instead, which would allow a much easier to manage solution to be available on it.

joe.obrien
    Participant

After working out some additional install kinks (from just having a vannella Terastation OS) FireFly is up and runnig.

http://forum.linkstationwiki.net/index.php?action=vthread&forum=13&topic=2261&page=0#msg24427

Goes into the details. You only need to flash upgrade for telnet access; ‘wget’ the two libraries, ‘tar’ them and syslink them. There is one file copy done (by me) but then your up at the races.

I’ll be monitoring for stability. But so far it’s been a rock.
    Joe

fizze
    Participant

Great, any news here? ๐Ÿ˜‰
    I am strongly considering of getting either a Terastation Pro II, or Terastation Live.
    I really dont need the DNLA stuff, but the 2 extra USBs come in handy.

I learned so far that both are ARM9 based with 128MB RAM, so thats a big step up from the slug ๐Ÿ™‚

Anonymous
    Inactive

I managed to get the ‘stable’ version working but it doesn’t work with iTunes playlists.

So far no success getting the nightly version to work – really grateful if anyone gets working binaries

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.