mt-daapd : ogg tagn: 8 Starting signal handler ogg tags

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues mt-daapd : ogg tagn: 8 Starting signal handler ogg tags

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    conreyt
    Participant

Okay. http://www.mt-daapd.org/mt-daapd_0.9-svn-1412_i386.deb. You’ll want to “apt-get remove –purge mt-daapd”, along with a “rm -rf /var/cache/mt-daapd” for good measure.

a dpkg -i, followed by “/etc/init.d/mt-daapd start” ought to fire right up.

— Ron

Grabbed the .deb uninstalled the old deb and installed the one linked above. I started the service /etc/init.d/mt-daapd start and everything seemed to get started well. I logged into the webservice (and promptly noticed the work done there!) and noticed that the bonjour service isn’t running. Is that installed with the .deb? Where would I start that service? I guess that bonjour not running is the reason that I can’t see my shared files on the network.

Thoughts?

rpedde
    Participant

@conreyt wrote:

I logged into the webservice (and promptly noticed the work done there!) and noticed that the bonjour service isn’t running. Is that installed with the .deb?

Yes, but the status as stopped is a bug. It’s running.

Where would I start that service? I guess that bonjour not running is the reason that I can’t see my shared files on the network.

What were you using before to see it? Avahi? Howl? Or just what was built-in?

It should really be running.

conreyt
    Participant

What were you using before to see it? Avahi? Howl? Or just what was built-in? It should really be running.

before I just had a base debian install. I grabbed the mt-daapd stable package from sourceforge.(0.2.4-1) installed it, configed the .conf and away I went. I didn’t need to install avahi or anything else, just mt-daapd.

I haven’t changed anything client side. I uninstalled the latest .deb from this thread, installed the 0.2.4-1 .deb again last night and it started working. Just for giggles I reinstalled the latest package and it didn’t show up……..

conreyt
    Participant

Grabbed the .deb uninstalled the old deb and installed the one linked above. I started the service /etc/init.d/mt-daapd start and everything seemed to get started well. I logged into the webservice (and promptly noticed the work done there!) and noticed that the bonjour service isn’t running. Is that installed with the .deb? Where would I start that service? I guess that bonjour not running is the reason that I can’t see my shared files on the network.
    Thoughts?

one dings on me. my dpkg –purge didn’t delete my old .conf I think that may have been the problem. I did another purge, cleaned up what was left and reinstalled. Installed, configed, and streaming. However, I still don’t show tags for my oggs! Should those tages be seen as well at this point? I tried it both ways actually, I set .ogg as a valid file type… no tags…. took them out and turned on ssc for ogg….. no tags….. As my entire collection of tunes is in ogg (don’t ask) I’d like to see that wonderful tags when I’m listening to them. Any thoughts? (back to square one but with a new vers.)

–Theron

rpedde
    Participant

As my entire collection of tunes is in ogg (don’t ask) I’d like to see that wonderful tags when I’m listening to them. Any thoughts? (back to square one but with a new vers.)

Ahh. Yeah, I probably didn’t build ogg support. I’ll do that, along with flac.

conreyt
    Participant

Ahh. Yeah, I probably didn’t build ogg support. I’ll do that, along with flac.

When you do I’ll download it 😉 Thanks again. Rock on.

Theron

conreyt
    Participant

Ron,
    When you build this .deb where will I look to download it from? If you are posting it elsewhere (outside of this thread) could you point me to it? I’ve looked in the nightlies listing, I didn’t see it..
    Thanks,
    Theron

rpedde
    Participant

@conreyt wrote:

Ron,
    When you build this .deb where will I look to download it from? If you are posting it elsewhere (outside of this thread) could you point me to it? I’ve looked in the nightlies listing, I didn’t see it..
    Thanks,
    Theron

I’ll be dropping nightlies tonight, and debian packages for sarge on ppc, armeb and x86 will be there.

— Ron

conreyt
    Participant

I’ll be dropping nightlies tonight, and debian packages for sarge on ppc, armeb and x86 will be there.

— Ron

I grabbed mt-daapd_0.9-svn-1417_i386.deb and installed it this morning. Works great. Thanks!

–Theron

rpedde
    Participant

@conreyt wrote:

— Ron

I grabbed mt-daapd_0.9-svn-1417_i386.deb and installed it this morning. Works great. Thanks!

–Theron

Great. Thanks for the feedback.

— Ron

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.