You are here: Home » Topic » mt-daapd : ogg tagn: 8 Starting signal handler ogg tags

mt-daapd : ogg tagn: 8 Starting signal handler ogg tags

FireFly Media Server (formerly mt-daapd) Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues mt-daapd : ogg tagn: 8 Starting signal handler ogg tags

This topic contains 19 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  rpedde 10 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

conreyt
    Participant

I’m not sure really where to begin. I’ve installed mt-daapd on my debian server. I can see the share on my ubuntu notebook running banshee-daap. My question is this. When I look at my mp3s that I’ve got shared, I see all the id3tag data, however I’m not seeing it with any of my oggs. The only thing that shows up is the filename. They play fine, however I can’t sort by artist / album /genre. I’ve verified that the tag info on my oggs is correct. Any thoughts?

rpedde
    Participant

@conreyt wrote:

I’m not sure really where to begin. I’ve installed mt-daapd on my debian server. I can see the share on my ubuntu notebook running banshee-daap. My question is this. When I look at my mp3s that I’ve got shared, I see all the id3tag data, however I’m not seeing it with any of my oggs. The only thing that shows up is the filename. They play fine, however I can’t sort by artist / album /genre. I’ve verified that the tag info on my oggs is correct. Any thoughts?

You’ll need to have nightlies rather than stable, and you’ll have to build it with –enable-oggvorbis in order to see ogg metadata.

I think svn-1379 is in debian unstable. You might be able to use the packaging info for that to backport to your platform.

conreyt
    Participant

@rpedde wrote:

@conreyt wrote:

You’ll need to have nightlies rather than stable, and you’ll have to build it with –enable-oggvorbis in order to see ogg metadata.

I think svn-1379 is in debian unstable. You might be able to use the packaging info for that to backport to your platform.

Will do thanks.

rpedde
    Participant

@conreyt wrote:

@rpedde wrote:

@conreyt wrote:

Will do thanks.

If you hit a stumbling block, let me know. If you are feeling gutsy, I have an x86 sarge package that just came out of the latest build. I haven’t tested it. Might not work at all…

it’s here if you are interested in crash-testing it. And I really do mean crash-testing. It might not work at all. Might just make fire shoot out of the back of your box. I literally have not installed it on an actual x86 debian machine.

…. but if you tested it and it seemed to work, then it would be easier for me to go ahead and start dumping debian packages as part of my regular nightly builds.

Think of all the good karma… πŸ™‚

— Ron

conreyt
    Participant

I’ve gone ahead and installed the .deb linked above. output from /var/log/mt-daapd.log

2006-10-24 17:49:27 (a7da8aa0): Starting with debuglevel 2
    2006-10-24 17:49:27 (a7da8aa0): Starting rendezvous daemon
    2006-10-24 17:49:27 (a7da8aa0): Starting signal handler
    2006-10-24 17:49:27 (a7d5ebb0): Signal handler started
    2006-10-24 17:49:28 (a7da8aa0): db_sqlite2_open: unable to open database: /var/cache/mt-daapd/songs.db (/var/cache/mt-daapd/songs.db)
    2006-10-24 17:49:28 (a7da8aa0): Error opening db: Misc SQL Error: unable to open database: /var/cache/mt-daapd/songs.db
    2006-10-24 17:49:28 (a7da8aa0): Stopping signal handler
    2006-10-24 17:49:28 (a7d5ebb0): Got shutdown signal. Notifying daap server.

I’ve gone back and verified that the /var/cache/mt-daapd dir is empty.

Looks the same on sarge and etch. (thought I’d break out my other server to check as well)

rpedde
    Participant

@conreyt wrote:

I’ve gone ahead and installed the .deb linked above. output from /var/log/mt-daapd.log

2006-10-24 17:49:27 (a7da8aa0): Starting with debuglevel 2
    2006-10-24 17:49:27 (a7da8aa0): Starting rendezvous daemon
    2006-10-24 17:49:27 (a7da8aa0): Starting signal handler
    2006-10-24 17:49:27 (a7d5ebb0): Signal handler started
    2006-10-24 17:49:28 (a7da8aa0): db_sqlite2_open: unable to open database: /var/cache/mt-daapd/songs.db (/var/cache/mt-daapd/songs.db)
    2006-10-24 17:49:28 (a7da8aa0): Error opening db: Misc SQL Error: unable to open database: /var/cache/mt-daapd/songs.db
    2006-10-24 17:49:28 (a7da8aa0): Stopping signal handler
    2006-10-24 17:49:28 (a7d5ebb0): Got shutdown signal. Notifying daap server.

I’ve gone back and verified that the /var/cache/mt-daapd dir is empty.

Looks the same on sarge and etch. (thought I’d break out my other server to check as well)

Make that directory writable by the runas user (nobody).

I’ll fix that on the package.

— Ron

conreyt
    Participant

— Ron

I did a dpkg –purge mt-daapd, set nobody as dir owner, (rwxr-xr-x) and reinstalled (dpkg -i mt-daa*.deb) and the db still didn’t show up. I went ahead and set the dir 777 uninstalled and reinstalled. still no love.

Theron

rpedde
    Participant

@conreyt wrote:

— Ron

I did a dpkg –purge mt-daapd, set nobody as dir owner, (rwxr-xr-x) and reinstalled (dpkg -i mt-daa*.deb) and the db still didn’t show up. I went ahead and set the dir 777 uninstalled and reinstalled. still no love.

Theron

kk. thanks. I’ll see what else I can figure on that. (did I forget to configure a database backend?)

Hrm.

— Ron

conreyt
    Participant

The current stable .deb release on sourceforge dosen’t designate the database type (in the mt-daapd.conf) however it creates a /var/cache/mt-daap/songs.gdb I noticed that your package is designating sqlite3. What are they using in the stable package?

Ready for a new .deb πŸ™‚

–Theron

rpedde
    Participant

@conreyt wrote:

The current stable .deb release on sourceforge dosen’t designate the database type (in the mt-daapd.conf) however it creates a /var/cache/mt-daap/songs.gdb I noticed that your package is designating sqlite3. What are they using in the stable package?

the old deb used gdbm, which isn’t supported any more.

Ready for a new .deb πŸ™‚

Okay. http://www.mt-daapd.org/mt-daapd_0.9-svn-1412_i386.deb. You’ll want to “apt-get remove –purge mt-daapd”, along with a “rm -rf /var/cache/mt-daapd” for good measure.

a dpkg -i, followed by “/etc/init.d/mt-daapd start” ought to fire right up.

— Ron

conreyt
    Participant

Okay. http://www.mt-daapd.org/mt-daapd_0.9-svn-1412_i386.deb. You’ll want to “apt-get remove –purge mt-daapd”, along with a “rm -rf /var/cache/mt-daapd” for good measure.

a dpkg -i, followed by “/etc/init.d/mt-daapd start” ought to fire right up.

— Ron

Grabbed the .deb uninstalled the old deb and installed the one linked above. I started the service /etc/init.d/mt-daapd start and everything seemed to get started well. I logged into the webservice (and promptly noticed the work done there!) and noticed that the bonjour service isn’t running. Is that installed with the .deb? Where would I start that service? I guess that bonjour not running is the reason that I can’t see my shared files on the network.

Thoughts?

rpedde
    Participant

@conreyt wrote:

I logged into the webservice (and promptly noticed the work done there!) and noticed that the bonjour service isn’t running. Is that installed with the .deb?

Yes, but the status as stopped is a bug. It’s running.

Where would I start that service? I guess that bonjour not running is the reason that I can’t see my shared files on the network.

What were you using before to see it? Avahi? Howl? Or just what was built-in?

It should really be running.

conreyt
    Participant

What were you using before to see it? Avahi? Howl? Or just what was built-in? It should really be running.

before I just had a base debian install. I grabbed the mt-daapd stable package from sourceforge.(0.2.4-1) installed it, configed the .conf and away I went. I didn’t need to install avahi or anything else, just mt-daapd.

I haven’t changed anything client side. I uninstalled the latest .deb from this thread, installed the 0.2.4-1 .deb again last night and it started working. Just for giggles I reinstalled the latest package and it didn’t show up……..

conreyt
    Participant

Grabbed the .deb uninstalled the old deb and installed the one linked above. I started the service /etc/init.d/mt-daapd start and everything seemed to get started well. I logged into the webservice (and promptly noticed the work done there!) and noticed that the bonjour service isn’t running. Is that installed with the .deb? Where would I start that service? I guess that bonjour not running is the reason that I can’t see my shared files on the network.
    Thoughts?

one dings on me. my dpkg –purge didn’t delete my old .conf I think that may have been the problem. I did another purge, cleaned up what was left and reinstalled. Installed, configed, and streaming. However, I still don’t show tags for my oggs! Should those tages be seen as well at this point? I tried it both ways actually, I set .ogg as a valid file type… no tags…. took them out and turned on ssc for ogg….. no tags….. As my entire collection of tunes is in ogg (don’t ask) I’d like to see that wonderful tags when I’m listening to them. Any thoughts? (back to square one but with a new vers.)

–Theron

rpedde
    Participant

As my entire collection of tunes is in ogg (don’t ask) I’d like to see that wonderful tags when I’m listening to them. Any thoughts? (back to square one but with a new vers.)

Ahh. Yeah, I probably didn’t build ogg support. I’ll do that, along with flac.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.