mt-daapd itunes 7 visibility of shares

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues mt-daapd itunes 7 visibility of shares

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    fzoellne
    Participant

Hi,

I recently installed mt-daapd on my linux box to serve as a itunes server. So far this went ok. Then I started testing it with clienst (windows pcs) and here the trouble starts.

1. Pc connceted to the linux box via Linksys Wireless G Router (cable). WinXp prof. itunes <6 can see shares works fine.

2. Laptop of my wife. Xp home, itunes 7.02. Works fine. 1 and 2 see each other fine. Laptop via Wlan to the linksys router.

3. my laptop, xp prof sp2, itunes 7.02. Cannt see any shares :(. Own shares visible on 1 and 2, but error when accessing : -3259. Also connected via the Linksys over wlan.

So i am conpletly puzzeled by this. I guess it is something with my laptop but I cannot find it. Maybe someone has a suggestion or hint?

CCRDude
    Participant

Any firewall software installed? Bonjour runs on a different port than the shares themselves, so maybe the Bonjour port (detection) is allowed, at least in one direction, but the daap port (3689) not? I remember there were some complaints about the McAfee firewall around, use the search function here if you have that running.

And I guess you checked the option in iTunes to not only share, but also look for shares? πŸ˜‰

fzoellne
    Participant

Hm, I looked at the firewall settings (the one that came with the xp), actually I turned it off for the laptop:( but it wont help.

@CCRDude wrote:

Any firewall software installed? Bonjour runs on a different port than the shares themselves, so maybe the Bonjour port (detection) is allowed, at least in one direction, but the daap port (3689) not? I remember there were some complaints about the McAfee firewall around, use the search function here if you have that running.

And I guess you checked the option in iTunes to not only share, but also look for shares? πŸ˜‰

Yepp, I checked that πŸ™‚

CCRDude
    Participant

Hmmm you could try in a browser whether you can open a connection to the Firefly server at all, try:

http://192.168.x.y:3689/databases
    or
    http://192.168.x.y:3689/rsp/db/1/artist

to see if Firefly is serving proper information to your machine. Use the IP of your server instead of that x.y thing of course.

fzoellne
    Participant

hm well,

the first one gives me a back a file to save (database),
    the second one a 404 Error.

CCRDude
    Participant

The second one would only work if you’ve got the RSP plugin enabled… the “save” is ok (browsers don’t talk the binary daap communications protocol, but that there’s an answer shows that its able to connect).

Idea: which mt-daapd/Firefly version did you install? RSP has been in there for some time, but probably wasn’t part of the 0.2.4 stable release… if you tried that, its quite outdated actually πŸ˜‰

fzoellne
    Participant

ok
    i used the 0.2.4 but will actualy turn to the nighties svn 1498 right now:)

fzoellne
    Participant

ok the nighty svn-1498 is now up and running and get an xml list of the second link you posted back πŸ™‚

But still there is now show up on the laptop.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.