mt-daapd crashing on NSLU2

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    lyndon153
    Participant

😥 I seem to have run into a problem with mt-daapd/firefly running on my NSLU2. The log shows:
    …Current database version:8
    …Initializing database
    …Rendezvous socket closed (daap server crashed?) Aborting.
    …Aborting
    and the output of running /opt/sbin/mt-daapd shows “gdbm fatal: write error”

I’ve upgraded the software on the NSLU2 using ipkg, but usually keep my old configuration files, as I’ve been burned before with my customized setting/locations being lost.

Any ideas of why mt-daapd is crashing? My NSLU2 has been shut off for a couple of months, after moving it from a direct ethernet connect to my router to a connect to a Buffalo Internet Convertor (multiport access point). Once I moved it, my Roku Sound Bridge M1000 no longer saw it, but iTunes running on my eMac does. But now that mt-daapd isn’t running on the NSLU, its missing from everywhere.

–Lyndon

lyndon153
    Participant

BTW, my NSLU2 is V2.3R63-uNSLUng-6.8-beta
    and the version of mt-daapd is v0.2.4-2

sansp00
    Participant

I would suggest you get the nighty version 1586 and install that one … It works fine for me and a lot of people here. Just download the package and do a ipkg install of the package.

Patrick S.

fizze
    Participant

You can obtain those ‘nightlies’ from http://nightlies.mt-daapd.org/ 😉

Oh, and besides, you have to trash your configuration file and let it overwrite by the ipkg installer.
    The config file options changed a lot since 0.2.4 so thats absolutely necessary.

rpedde
    Participant

@lyndon153 wrote:

😥 I seem to have run into a problem with mt-daapd/firefly running on my NSLU2. The log shows:
    …Current database version:8
    …Initializing database
    …Rendezvous socket closed (daap server crashed?) Aborting.
    …Aborting
    and the output of running /opt/sbin/mt-daapd shows “gdbm fatal: write error”

As recommened by others, nightlies is probably better. If you don’t want to tackle that though, I’d suspect your database is corrupt. Delete it and restart (/var/cache/mt-daapd/songs.gdb)

— Ron

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.