mt-daapd – compilation-tag problem

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues mt-daapd – compilation-tag problem

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mofa

hi,

i have running mt-daapd 0.2.4 on freebsd 6.1. everthing works fine, except recognizing the compilation flag of some mp3s. for some files the ide-tag version and the file permissions are the same, but one is shown as a compilation and the other not. i’ve tried different id3 versions but it didn’t change this behaviour. i have read about setting the “compdirs” variable, but this didn’t work on my system.
    does somebody know a solution?

regards
    mofa

rpedde
    Participant

@mofa wrote:

hi,

i have running mt-daapd 0.2.4 on freebsd 6.1. everthing works fine, except recognizing the compilation flag of some mp3s. for some files the ide-tag version and the file permissions are the same, but one is shown as a compilation and the other not. i’ve tried different id3 versions but it didn’t change this behaviour. i have read about setting the “compdirs” variable, but this didn’t work on my system.
    does somebody know a solution?

regards
    mofa

0.2.4 doesn’t support compdirs, that’s strictly a nightlies thing. As far as id3v2, mt-daapd honors the TCMP frame. You’ll need a tagging program that can set TCMP to 1 in order for mt-daapd to see it.

iTunes will do that, but I don’t know what else does.

mofa

with itunes i had no luck, but setting the tags with another id3-editor works!

thanks!!!!

rpedde
    Participant

@mofa wrote:

with itunes i had no luck, but setting the tags with another id3-editor works!

thanks!!!!

For posterity (and anyone else that asks this) what was the tag editor you used to set it?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.