You are here: Home » Topic » mt-daapd & avahi

mt-daapd & avahi

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #622
    the_witness
    Participant

    How can I compile mt-daapd (1359) against avahi in howl compatible mode?

    BTW i’m using FC5

    Thanks

    #6538
    rpedde
    Participant

    @the_witness wrote:

    How can I compile mt-daapd (1359) against avahi in howl compatible mode?

    BTW i’m using FC5

    Thanks

    just compile with –enable-howl, and use –with-howl-libs= and –with-howl-includes= to point to the compatibility includes and libs.

    — Ron

    #6539
    the_witness
    Participant

    And where can I find those directories?

    And once I find them, if I recompile mt-daapd, will it work this time?

    Thanks Ron

    #6540
    the_witness
    Participant

    This is my config line

    ./configure --enable-sqlite3 --enable-howl --with-howl-libs=/usr/lib/ --with-howl-includes=/usr/include/avahi-compat-howl/

    Then I make and make install and run gdb on /usr/local/sbin/mt-daapd. Here is the report:

    GNU gdb Red Hat Linux (6.3.0.0-1.134.fc5rh)
    Copyright 2004 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
    GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you are
    welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain conditions.
    Type "show copying" to see the conditions.
    There is absolutely no warranty for GDB. Type "show warranty" for details.
    This GDB was configured as "i386-redhat-linux-gnu"...Using host libthread_db library "/lib/libthread_db.so.1".

    (gdb) r -f
    Starting program: /usr/local/sbin/mt-daapd -f
    Reading symbols from shared object read from target memory...done.
    Loaded system supplied DSO at 0x49317000
    [Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
    [New Thread -1208736064 (LWP 4385)]
    Config entry general/db_dir is deprecated. Please review the sample config
    Config entry general/compress is deprecated. Please review the sample config
    Starting with debuglevel 2
    Starting rendezvous daemon
    Detaching after fork from child process 4388.
    *** WARNING *** The programme 'mt-daapd' uses the HOWL compatiblity layer of Avahi.
    *** WARNING *** Please fix your application to use the native API of Avahi!
    *** WARNING *** For more information see
    Starting signal handler
    [New Thread -1208738912 (LWP 4389)]
    Error opening db: No backend database support for type: sqlite
    Signal handler started
    Stopping signal handler
    Got shutdown signal. Notifying daap server.
    [Thread -1208738912 (LWP 4389) exited]

    Program exited with code 01.
    (gdb)

    Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks

    #6541
    rpedde
    Participant

    @the_witness wrote:

    This is my config line

    ./configure --enable-sqlite3 --enable-howl --with-howl-libs=/usr/lib/ --with-howl-includes=/usr/include/avahi-compat-howl/

    Then I make and make install and run gdb on /usr/local/sbin/mt-daapd. Here is the report:

    GNU gdb Red Hat Linux (6.3.0.0-1.134.fc5rh)
    Copyright 2004 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
    GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you are
    welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain conditions.
    Type "show copying" to see the conditions.
    There is absolutely no warranty for GDB. Type "show warranty" for details.
    This GDB was configured as "i386-redhat-linux-gnu"...Using host libthread_db library "/lib/libthread_db.so.1".

    (gdb) r -f
    Starting program: /usr/local/sbin/mt-daapd -f
    Reading symbols from shared object read from target memory...done.
    Loaded system supplied DSO at 0x49317000
    [Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
    [New Thread -1208736064 (LWP 4385)]
    Config entry general/db_dir is deprecated. Please review the sample config
    Config entry general/compress is deprecated. Please review the sample config
    Starting with debuglevel 2
    Starting rendezvous daemon
    Detaching after fork from child process 4388.
    *** WARNING *** The programme 'mt-daapd' uses the HOWL compatiblity layer of Avahi.
    *** WARNING *** Please fix your application to use the native API of Avahi!
    *** WARNING *** For more information see
    Starting signal handler
    [New Thread -1208738912 (LWP 4389)]
    Error opening db: No backend database support for type: sqlite
    Signal handler started
    Stopping signal handler
    Got shutdown signal. Notifying daap server.
    [Thread -1208738912 (LWP 4389) exited]

    Program exited with code 01.
    (gdb)

    Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks

    you specified a sqlite backend, but you have only compiled for sqlite3. Change your db_type to sqlite3.

    — Ron

    #6542
    the_witness
    Participant

    Well I did configure with –enable-sqlite3. So where can I change the db_type?

    #6543
    rpedde
    Participant

    @the_witness wrote:

    Well I did configure with –enable-sqlite3. So where can I change the db_type?

    It’s in the config file. You probably want to check the rest of the config file as well and make sure it matches your actual configuration — server name, mp3 location, etc.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.