MP3 for FlashDAAP

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    blamm
    Participant

Ron..

Might it be possible to transcode to MP3 for the FlashDAAP player. As you probably know it is shaping up really nicely (Bo is doing a great job) and is designed to be hosted by Firefly. Being able to play my FLACs/OGGs through it would be fantastic.

Any chance??

rpedde
    Participant

@blamm wrote:

Ron..

Might it be possible to transcode to MP3 for the FlashDAAP player. As you probably know it is shaping up really nicely (Bo is doing a great job) and is designed to be hosted by Firefly. Being able to play my FLACs/OGGs through it would be fantastic.

Any chance??

Can you find a decent cross platform mp3 encoding library?

I guess I have ffmpeg, but it doens’t always compile on linux — too many versions, although almost all of them now have the new version.

Hrm… I guess I could try with ffmpeg.

— Ron

blamm
    Participant
    rpedde
    Participant

@blamm wrote:

Lame?

http://lame.sourceforge.net

I’ll try liblame and see what that looks like.

— Ron

blamm
    Participant

Hi Ron.

Have you managed to get anywhere with this? Fireplay is looking really good now. Would be great to be able to use it to listen to my FLACs and OGGs. 🙂

mas
    Participant

Knowing how slow (good quality but slow) lame is on a full edged computer this option should be turned off by default and should need to be manually enabled, as otherwise all unexp. people installing on a slug would lock up that slug CPU wise.

Even the fastest synologies will cought out hard on any attempt to encode mp3’s no matter how low you set quality.

So as nice as it is as a feature its limited to full computers with their massive energy consumption.

rpedde
    Participant

@blamm wrote:

Hi Ron.

Have you managed to get anywhere with this? Fireplay is looking really good now. Would be great to be able to use it to listen to my FLACs and OGGs. 🙂

Ook. Not really. Just started new job, and my time is tight lately. I’m pretty close on the db stuff, though.

— Ron

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Feature Requests’ is closed to new topics and replies.