More Noob Questions

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    slarty101
    Participant

Hi again,

I’ve trawled through the forum but can’t find anything relating to this and its probably a really stoopid question anyway but….

I’ve got svn 1586 loaded up and running fine, both my soundbridges can see the firefly server fine and can access & play music files via the browse function. I’ve installed the java firefly client onto the windows xp (sp1) machine where the music files are and can play them fine with the app through the pc speakers but I can’t see how I configure the java firefly client to stream/play to the soundbridges. Its probably something really dumb but I just can’t see it!

Any advice gratefully received!

Cheers,

S.

fizze
    Participant

The reason why you can’t see it is because it isn’t there. πŸ˜• πŸ™

slarty101
    Participant

@fizze wrote:

The reason why you can’t see it is because it isn’t there. πŸ˜• πŸ™

Eh?? ❓

fizze
    Participant

Firefly Client doesnt change your SoundBridge into Airtunes.

Firefly Client allows you to play content off a firefly share through your local speakers. It is simply not capable of re-routing this output to the SoundBridge, or controlling the SoundBridge in any way, for that matter.

slarty101
    Participant

@fizze wrote:

Firefly Client doesnt change your SoundBridge into Airtunes.

Firefly Client allows you to play content off a firefly share through your local speakers. It is simply not capable of re-routing this output to the SoundBridge, or controlling the SoundBridge in any way, for that matter.

Ahhh so it doesn’t act like i-tunes (as I understand it). Is there any software (other than i-tunes) that will allow me to select tunes on my pc and play then through the soundbridge?

Thanks,

S.

EVILRipper
    Participant

I don’t think so.

The soundbridge is nothing more than a device which receives a list of available songs, and can select any of these songs to play. So you do not send music to the soundbridge; The soundbridge “asks” for music and gets it.

Practically, all you want is to remote control your soundbridge from your pc. I don’t have a soundbridge, so I have no idea if this is possible at all.
    Maybe it has a webinterface? πŸ™‚

rpedde
    Participant

@EVILRipper wrote:

I don’t think so.

The soundbridge is nothing more than a device which receives a list of available songs, and can select any of these songs to play. So you do not send music to the soundbridge; The soundbridge “asks” for music and gets it.

Practically, all you want is to remote control your soundbridge from your pc. I don’t have a soundbridge, so I have no idea if this is possible at all.
    Maybe it has a webinterface? πŸ™‚

There is something called RCP, the roku control protocol, and they have applications to do stuff like that, but I don’t know what they are or anything. The Roku forums might have more info on that.

— Ron

slarty101
    Participant

Thanks Ron, I’ll have a look over there.

Cheers,

S.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.