More Granular DB Scan Control…."Scan Playlists Only&q

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Feature Requests More Granular DB Scan Control…."Scan Playlists Only&q

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jtbse
    Participant

A thought that occurred to me as I was experimenting with Winamp’s playlist generator….

It would be convenient if Firefly provided a way to do a quick “playlist-only” db scan. In other words just scan playlists and nothing else.

On my slug, it only takes a minute or two to complete a db scan (just over 8000 songs), so this really isn’t a huge deal; but (being the impatient sort 🙂 ) it seems that if I could tell the scanner to just look at playlists, it could be much quicker (ie. seconds??), when all I did was create or modify a .m3u playlist.

daflow
    Participant

I very much second that!

I have FF running on my Slug and have turned off autoscan completely, because I don’t add albums very frequently. When I add albums, I trigger a rescan manually.

However, it bothered me too, to scan the whole archive if only a few playlists were added in that single folder.

fizze
    Participant

Yeah, well firefly at least handles a normal (as opposed to a full) scan rather clever.
    If the timestamp of a file/folder etc hasn’t changed, its skipped during rescan.
    That way even on a slug with a huge database, the scan is actually not that bad.

But I third that statement, and I know there are a couple of script-based implementations around here. For the time being, I’m ok with scanning though. 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Feature Requests’ is closed to new topics and replies.