Missing Songs Appear only in Shared iTunes Library

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server General Discussion Missing Songs Appear only in Shared iTunes Library

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    squashuax
    Participant

Firefly svn-1696 is running great on my Maxtor NAS.

However, I have a challenge: I was trying to make a playlist for Halloween, and noticed some songs that are on the NAS are not in my iTunes library, but are available in a shared library visible through iTunes. I can’t add files from the shared library to the playlist, so I would like to consolidate, but I can’t find the files.

My iTunes library is set to Y:My MusiciTunesiTunes Music, where “y” is my NAS. I called my Firefly server on the NAS “OCD Tunes,” and the shared folder visible in iTunes is called “OCD Tunes,” so I’m pretty sure the files I’m looking for are on the NAS somewhere. There are no other computers running on the network. The music folder location in Firefly is /shares/mss-hdd/Compaq_Owner/My Music/iTunes/iTunes Music/. I can’t seem to navigate that path though.

I searched on the Y drive for “Evil Woman,” (a song that is in the OCD Tunes shared library, but not the iTunes library) and found it here: Maxtor_jskCompaq_OwnerMy MusiciTunesiTunes MusicCompilationsThe Essential Electric Light Orchestra; and here: Y:My MusiciTunesiTunes MusicCompilationsThe Essential Electric Light Orchestra.

How do I consolidate?

Help?

stretch
    Participant

First of all, iTunes has a nasty habit of switching from mapped network drives to the local default if the NAS takes too long to respond, usually when Windows disconnects the network drive because you’re not using it.
    I’ve found that it’s more reliable if you tell it the real path to your music.
    i.e. \nasnamesharenameMy Music……..

In iTunes select “Advanced (pull down menu)”>”Consolidate library”.
    If that doesn’t work for you then you’ll have to “Add ***** to library (in the file pull down menu)”

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.