Missing a Piece of the Jigsaw?

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    rpedde
    Participant

I use smart playlists rather than static playlists, and nightlies can do those right now from the web interface. I have the db stuff set up for web-based editing of static playlists, but I haven’t implemented it, as I’m working more on the backend than the web interface, and there doesn’t seem to be overwhelming interest from people to fix the web front end to be more featureful.

Or at least an interest that results in patches.

I think CCRdude threw up some php stuff in the nightlies forum. It might be not much more than an afternoon’s worth of work to build a php playlist editor straight into the database if the server is a machine that can do apache and php.

Or if you are a javascript/xml wizard, I wouldn’t chase off offers to work on the web interface to do static playlist editing. All the xml-rpc is there to support it. It just needs the web front-end.

— Ron

Anonymous
    Inactive

I worked out how to move the xml file! I haven’t received my Soundbridge yet, to test it, but hopefully everything will work. Here’s how to do it:

Create folder “My Music” on N:
    Run TweakUI from Microsoft
    Change the location of the My Music folder from it’s current location to N:My Music
    Log off and back on
    Start iTunes

iTunes now using My Music on N:!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

However it probably would not be wise to run any software that uses My Music (such as iTunes) when I am not on my local network.

I’ll post back to tell if the playlists work.

Andy

rpedde
    Participant

Woo!

But there is more… if it’s a redirected folder, it actually *should* cache. Seems like there is a setting on properties that says how much you want to cache. You might be able to tell windows to cache everything, and then if you add something offline, it will sync the changes UP to the N drive next logon.

Might be worth playing with if you have a small library you can test.

— Ron

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Ron,

I’m not sure what you mean regarding caching. Can you elaborate?

I now have my SB and right now I can create playlists in iTunes, then start a scan in mt-daapd (don’t want to wait 5 mins) and then select and play them on the SB. Perfect! :laugh:

I notice that radios in iTunes playlists don’t show up. Is that on purpose?

Thanks for a great application!

Andy

rpedde
    Participant

gotta have xp pro, but here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/mobility/learnmore/offlinefiles.mspx

re: radios… I don’t know… I don’t have any in my itunes xml, so I don’t import them. Maybe I should look at that, eh?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Might have some uses. Currently the only time I use my laptop away from my network is when I am on a business trip. Thanks!

Andy

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.