Mac Set-Up Problems

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi – I’m new to the forum so apologies if this is a repeat request. I did a search but couldn’t find an answer to what’s hopefully a simple issue. I used Firefly on my PC and have now migrated over to Mac and am trying to get it to work and failing. Having gone through the installation process I go into the preference panel, click on Firefly and get an error msg saying “Unable to get Server status – An unexpected error occurred when trying to get the status of the Firefly server. Please close and re-open this Preference pane, and try again.” Because of this, I can’t even get Firefly started. I’ve uninstalled and re-installed a number of times and still get the same problem. Am I doing something dumb here? Thanks, Mark

Anonymous
    Inactive

What version of firefly are you using. That’s a fairly obscure error message – ie. not seen that before IIRC.

Suggest you download either of the the nightlies on this page:

http://nightlies.fireflymediaserver.org/

then go through the entire uninstall process via the installer prog and reinstall for one user only. You may find bugs such as the first scan hanging (run it for 5 mins or so then stop & restart) & remember to shorten the name firefly assigns the server when you set up. How goes it now?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for that – seemed to work fine with the nightly.

Cheers
    Mark

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.