Mac OS X 10.5 Goes to Sleep Even when Firefly Working

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server General Discussion Mac OS X 10.5 Goes to Sleep Even when Firefly Working

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    SpoiledLasagna

Hi there.

I recently started using Firefly build svn-1586 on my Mac, streaming to a Linux laptop with Rhythmbox. I would have thought that my Mac would detect when Firefly is active and working, but unfortunately this does not seem to be the case. My power settings are tuned so that the machine goes to sleep after 45 minutes of inactivity. Mac OS X doesn’t seem to detect firefly when it is working as it would any other application. I have come to this realization while I was listening to my stream on the laptop when it suddenly failed. A quick trip downstairs confirmed my suspicion – the Mac was on standby.

If Firefly cannot communicate its status to the system, would it be feasible to somehow cook up a script to act as a kind of layer between the two?

This is the only kink I have with an otherwise wonderful and helpful app.

(Did have a problem with the installer: 1st try I used MacPorts which was a mess and didn’t even install the Preference Pane. Perhaps because it didn’t care to verify it had admin rights before attempting this. Undid the whole thing and went with a nightly Mac installer. Wonder why this isn’t offered instead of the hackish Unix version.)

jimbob2
    Participant

I also get this problem using Firefly svn-1491 – the only version I could get to work with Leopard. Everytime the mac sleeps so does firefly – or firefly does not keep the mac awake. I am using the latest version of Leopard.

Can someone come up with a solution…..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.