losing, then finding, iTunes playlists

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues losing, then finding, iTunes playlists

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    goussyd
    Participant

I have ripped my collection of 500+ CD’s using iTunes 7.0. I’ve created about 80 playlists. When I run a full scan in Firefly, it only finds a small portion of the playlists, about 9-12 of them. Then, when I run the scan again, it finds the full 80. I’ve run the scan while iTunes is open and after closing iTunes, but the result is always the same.

I’ve turned off the timed scan because I was tired of losing playlists (in Firefly). I’m scanning on setting “1-aggresive”.

Any ideas?

rpedde
    Participant

@goussyd wrote:

I have ripped my collection of 500+ CD’s using iTunes 7.0. I’ve created about 80 playlists. When I run a full scan in Firefly, it only finds a small portion of the playlists, about 9-12 of them. Then, when I run the scan again, it finds the full 80. I’ve run the scan while iTunes is open and after closing iTunes, but the result is always the same.

I’ve turned off the timed scan because I was tired of losing playlists (in Firefly). I’m scanning on setting “1-aggresive”.

Any ideas?

With iTunes 7, it changes the IDs of the playlists whenever it writes the .xml file. Which means that from firefly’s perspective, it looks like the other playlist was deleted and a new one was created. So it keeps deleting and recreating playlists every time iTunes writes the xml file (which is every time it plays a song — it updates playcounts then).

This is fixed in nightlies (http://nightlies.mt-daapd.org), but it takes a couple scans to finally settle out… one scan to get the get rid of the old playlists, and one more to bring in the playlists with the new IDs.

— Ron

goussyd
    Participant

Ron, thanks for the reply. I understand your first paragraph, but I don’t get the second. I’m not familar with “nightlies”… is there something I should load from that page?

OR, did you just mean that I need to scan twice (each time) to get it right. That’s what is working now. Not great, but I can live with it.

rpedde
    Participant

@goussyd wrote:

Ron, thanks for the reply. I understand your first paragraph, but I don’t get the second. I’m not familar with “nightlies”… is there something I should load from that page?

OR, did you just mean that I need to scan twice (each time) to get it right. That’s what is working now. Not great, but I can live with it.

Not quite… Go to this page http://nightlies.mt-daapd.org, and you will see the most recent development snapshots. Grab the one for svn-1498 (the .exe) and install it. Then let it scan a couple times, and you should be good.

— Ron

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.