Long track name anomaly: fixed

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    velociped
    Participant

Just wanted to mention an anomaly, which I had been experiencing since the upgrade to iTunes 4.7 (MacOS and mt-daapd 0.2.0) and appears to have been fixed with mt-daapd 0.2.1 (0.2.1-pre3, at least).

In late October, I began to notice that certain files – in fact, entire albums in some cases – would no longer play via a shared library made available with mt-daapd. There was no such issue when the same tracks were played directly from within iTunes. However, if they were accessed via the shared library, they would appear, but not play. A little research revealed that the common factor was either a track (or album) name in eccess of twenty-four characters or those containing special characters (e.g. a forward slash or somesuch).

Following the installation of 0.2.1-pre3, this phenomenon appears to have disappeared. I have tested most all of the albums and tracks which would not play previously and have found them to now do so.

Thanks, Ron! ๐Ÿ™‚

rpedde
    Participant

Cool! I hadn’t noticed that. It must have manifested itself in a way that I *did* notice the underlying problem though. ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks for the feedback. ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.