Long Flac-files – Problem?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    belu
    Participant

Win XPSP2 / FF1498/ Soundbridge400

I recently added a ~50min “song” to the database. No problem as long as it is a WAV-file. But when it is encoded as FLAC the soundbridge doesn’t accept it … until I break it up in parts of less than about 20 mins (16 mins is ok, 23 mins is not – didn’t do any refined reseach until now). The flac-files themselves are ok (play perfectly with VLC-player).

Is this a FF or a SB-issue?

Bernd

CCRDude
    Participant

Could you repeat those length details in filesize?

I’m just thinking… there were some reports where Firefly didn’t stream but tried to push the whole thing to the client immediately… and the Soundbridge has some kind of cache… 16 minutes of Flac could hit a border of 64 or 128 MB there (don’t know exactly what cache size the SB has, so I’m just guessing).

belu
    Participant

90MB are no problem – 112MB are …

BL

rpedde
    Participant

@belu wrote:

90MB are no problem – 112MB are …

BL

Does it play against an iTunes client?

belu
    Participant

No – Itunes not even installed on the PC

rpedde
    Participant

@belu wrote:

No – Itunes not even installed on the PC

Errr… can you? What I’m wondering is if it’s a server or client thing. If you could play the file from iTunes, (or any other program, I guess — GetItTogether, iTunes Redux, whatever) then it has to be a soundbridge thing. That’s the only thing I could think to try.

I can’t imagine it’s a server issue. I do have problems with large files (>2Gb), but you haven’t hit that issue.

— Ron

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Nightlies Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.