location of smart playlists post 0.2.4

FireFly Media Server Firefly Media Server Forums Firefly Media Server Setup Issues location of smart playlists post 0.2.4

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    spoo333
    Participant

Hi,
    My apologies for this basic question, but where are smart playlists stored in builds post 0.2.4? I’ve just upgraded to mt-daapd 0.3.0_pre1376 on Gentoo and noticed that none of the old smart playlists “survived”. This I imagine is to do with the new sql base for versions post 0.2.4. The new smart playlists are easy to create, but I can’t seem to figure out where they are stored.
    Thanks for your help,
    David

rpedde
    Participant

@spoo333 wrote:

Hi,
    My apologies for this basic question, but where are smart playlists stored in builds post 0.2.4? I’ve just upgraded to mt-daapd 0.3.0_pre1376 on Gentoo and noticed that none of the old smart playlists “survived”. This I imagine is to do with the new sql base for versions post 0.2.4. The new smart playlists are easy to create, but I can’t seem to figure out where they are stored.
    Thanks for your help,
    David

They actually live in the database. You can look at them using a sqlite browser, and can back them up using the sqlite command to dump the “playlists” table.

I think they are going to end up moving back out of the db, though.

— Ron

spoo333
    Participant

Thanks for your reply, Ron. When they move out of the database again, will this happen automatically? BTW, thanks for all your hard work – when upgrading from 0.2.4 I was really impressed by the new control interface. Great stuff!

rpedde
    Participant

@spoo333 wrote:

Thanks for your reply, Ron. When they move out of the database again, will this happen automatically? BTW, thanks for all your hard work – when upgrading from 0.2.4 I was really impressed by the new control interface. Great stuff!

Yes, I hope to migrate stuff right out. Probably won’t use the same 0.2.4 style, as the parser is completely different, but I anticipated pulling the data out of the db and populating the playlist the first time.

— Ron

spoo333
    Participant

Cool. Any plans yet as to when this will happen?

rpedde
    Participant

@spoo333 wrote:

Cool. Any plans yet as to when this will happen?

I think the roku 1.1 is about done, then that’s the next thing I’m going to do. Concurrently with working on UPnP.

— Ron

spoo333
    Participant

Thanks, Ron. Two more questions regarding the new smart playlists.
    Are the e.g. genre descriptions case sensitive? ie: does it make a difference whether it is “tribal techno” or “Tribal Techno”?
    How do I define what used to be “Date after 3 weeks ago”, ie the tracks that were added over the last 3 weeks?
    Cheers,
    David

rpedde
    Participant

@spoo333 wrote:

Thanks, Ron. Two more questions regarding the new smart playlists.
    Are the e.g. genre descriptions case sensitive? ie: does it make a difference whether it is “tribal techno” or “Tribal Techno”?
    How do I define what used to be “Date after 3 weeks ago”, ie the tracks that were added over the last 3 weeks?
    Cheers,
    David

They are case sensitive, but if you do an “include”, then it isn’t.

So:

genre includes “Tribal Techno” gets both “tribal techno” and “Tribal Techno”.

as far as the date one, something like:

time_added after 3 weeks before today

or

time_added > 3 weeks before today

Eventually, I’ll make “ago” a synonym for “before today”, but once you know how they go, it’s okay.

More details here, btw: http://wiki.fireflymediaserver.org/Smart_playlists

— Ron

spoo333
    Participant

many thanks!!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Setup Issues’ is closed to new topics and replies.