Locating music

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    rbrugman

Hello,
    I am running the latest stable build of mt-daapd on my ubuntu server. Recently, after the release of iTunes 7, I pulled all my music back to a PC to reorganize it and then put it back. After doing so, the daap server can no longer locate some of the music files. The server claims the files are not found. I tried using the scan feature, but it didn’t locate them. I can find the music via samba and it still works, just can’t be played in iTunes over daap.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Robert

rbrugman

Is there any way to trash any files created by firefly and start over? I can’t see why it can’t locate the music!

rpedde
    Participant

@rbrugman wrote:

Is there any way to trash any files created by firefly and start over? I can’t see why it can’t locate the music!

Windows, mac or unix?

There is a file called “songs.db” that stores the database. In Windows, it’s in the app directory. On mac, it’s inside the prefs pane (you’ll have to go into show files, and navigate into resources until you find it). In unix, it’s probably in /var/cache/mt-daapd

You can delete that and rescan.

Alternately, you can go into the web interface and push the “full scan” button.

— Ron

rbrugman

That found some of the stuff that was missing, but for some reason now I’m missing about 2000 songs. The files are there and they are mp3s but they won’t show usng the scan now or full scan features. The server is running on Ubuntu 6.06.

Robert

rbrugman

Correction: Permissions error. All should be fixed now although I still have to go through and test the different albums. All this work to get the stupid album artwork on 🙁

Robert

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘General Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.